Welcome to Henry Ford College. Thank you for choosing HFC!
Not everyone is convinced of the value of a college education. We know that a college degree helps you earn about $1 million more during your lifetime than working without a degree. But the value is much more than that. A former community college president from Michigan, Gunder Myran, wrote a series of principles that describe the purpose of education you receive at colleges like HFC:
- the spirit of hope for a better tomorrow for all who seek it;
- the belief that talent and ambition are widely distributed in our world, and can be found everywhere;
- the faith that people from all walks of life can overcome barriers and achieve great things;
- the devotion to an inclusive campus environment of acceptance, understanding, and caring; and,
- everyone can, through education, achieve their academic, career, and life goals.
Henry Ford College provides opportunities for you to explore, learn, and to prepare for your future from classes to student clubs, to athletic competition, to the arts. Our faculty, staff, and administration are dedicated to assist you each step of the way. Please reach out to us for anything you need.
Have a great year, and Go Hawks!
Henry Ford College Student Affairs Team
Your choice of a college will change your life. It's an exciting decision, and there are so many reasons to choose Henry Ford College, the educational home for thousands of students each year. Whatever your life goals, we are fully committed to helping you define and achieve them.
Your success is our success. Learn more about this great College you have chosen.
- Financial Aid
- For incoming students, you may be required to complete assessment and course placement
- Visit the Learning Lab for placement testing assistance.
- Transfer and Transcript Evaluations
- Tuition and Fee Structure and Payment Options
- See the Tuition Page for Residency and Dearborn Senior Citizens information
- Upcoming Academic and Enrollment Dates
- Veterans Services
Academics are at the forefront of your time at HFC. We offer up-to-the-minute coursework, a rigorous Honors program, online learning, a robust library, and academic assistance programs.
- AP Credit (Can be found under "Types of Dual Enrollment at HFC")
- CLEP Credit
- College Store
- Eshleman Library and Media Services
- Henry Ford II Honors Program
- Learning Lab & Tutoring Services
- Online Learning
- We offer many different academic support services that can be customized to your needs. Visit the Campus Resources page to learn more.
Student Support Services
At HFC, we offer many different services to help support you and give you the best shot at success.
- For more information on Advising, Counseling, Assisted Learning Services, Scholarships, and Transferring to other institutions, visit our Student Services page
- Career Services
- If you are interested in Cooperative (Co-op) Education, see the Career Services website.
- Wherever you are on campus, a single-occupancy, gender-inclusive restroom is nearby.
- Hawks’ Nest student food pantry
- If you are interested in providing support to your fellow students, Inside Track may be for you.
- International Student Services
- Student Outreach and Support (SOS)
Technology Services Support
As a Hawk, you will be using technology on a day-to-day basis.
Visit our technology resources page for resources on any questions you may have — from HawkMail services to account login issues.
HFC offers many opportunities to make an impact on campus: from athletics, to performing arts, student clubs and much more. We will help you find your fit within the HFC community. Explore campus life today.
We take your records and privacy very seriously. For questions on student privacy, applying for graduation, and address changes, visit the Office of Registration and Records.
Student Policies and Procedures
While attending HFC, you agree to abide by the policies and procedures set out here. For any additional questions, visit the Student Policies, Rights, and Responsibilities section.
- Academic Integrity
- Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Athletic Aid Disclosure
- Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy
- Equal Opportunity Policy and Non-Discrimination
- Privacy and Access to Student Records Under FERPA Policy
- Field Trip Policy
- Grades and Academic Forgiveness
- Residency Requirements Policy
- Respectful Campus
- Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Student Code of Conduct Policy
- Student Complaint Policy
- Tuition, Fees and Refunds Policy
Campus Safety is responsible for serving our community and supporting a safe, welcoming learning environment. The team monitors the campus and manages overall security and safety operations as well as key control, employee and student ID cards, the access control system, Safe Walk, and incident and accident reports.