A college education is one of the most important investments you will ever make. The Office of Financial Aid is here to assist you as you navigate the financial aid process. The information on our website provides detailed information for each step of the process, as well as information regarding how to maintain your financial aid. Our goal is to provide you with the information and resources that are needed so you can make informed decisions in terms of financing your education.
- Students may now submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as Oct. 1 each year. See more information about the significant changes to FAFSA announced Sept. 14, 2016.
- Submit the 2016-17 FAFSA for Fall 2016, Winter 2017 and Spring/Summer 2017.
- Submit the 2017-18 FAFSA for Fall 2017, Winter 2018 and Spring/Summer 2018.
- Be sure to add HFC's School Code: 002270.
Students and parents are strongly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA. This will ensure accuracy on your FAFSA as well as save time in the event the student is selected for the verification process.
Registering for Classes? Be sure to register by the Census Date:
- The Census Date for Fall 2016 is Sept. 9, 2016.
Are you a military veteran or a family member of a military veteran? If so, in addition to Federal Title IV aid, you may also be eligible for military educational benefits. Please review the information on our Veterans Services page to see if you qualify.
Need to Submit Financial Aid Documents?
If your documents are ready to submit, you can place them in any Enrollment Services dropbox. Dropboxes are located in the Welcome Center (Building WC) and in the Campus Safety Office (Building N), both of which are located on the main campus.
For admitted students, all email communications from the Office of Financial Aid will be sent via HawkMail. For specific information about setting up a HawkMail account, please visit https://my.hfcc.edu/about/hawkmail.