A college education is one of the most important investments you will ever make. The Office of Financial Aid is here to assist you as you navigate the financial aid process. The information on our website provides detailed information for each step of the process, as well as detailed information regarding how to maintain your financial aid. Our goal is to provide you with the information and resources needed so you can make informed decisions in terms of financing your education.
Submitting Your FAFSA
- Students may submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as Oct. 1 each year.
- Submit the 2019-2020 FAFSA for Fall 2019, Winter 2020 and Spring/Summer 2020.
- Submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA for Fall 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring/Summer 2021.
- Be sure to add HFC's School Code: 002270.
We strongly encourage you (or your parents) to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA. This will ensure accuracy on your FAFSA and save time in the event you are selected for the verification process.
Submit Financial Aid Documents
- On-Campus Drop Boxes: Located in Welcome Center (Building WC) or 24/7 document drop box available in Campus Safety (Building N), see campus map.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 313-845-9600
- Fax: 313-845-9825
Henry Ford College
Financial Aid Office 5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
In-Person Help (when campus is open)
When we are able to be open, the Welcome Center offers in-person help at the Enrollment Lab for filling out your FAFSA, submitting Financial Aid Documents, and understanding your Financial Aid Awards.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are available to help you by phone or videoconference at the number above.
- HFC Self-Service: See your financial aid checklist, awards, and more in HFC Self-Service.
- Academic Calendar: up-to-date information regarding payment deadlines, refund dates and other important enrollment services dates.
- HawkMail: For admitted students, all email communications from the Office of Financial Aid will be sent to your HawkMail email address.
Other Financial Assistance
Are you a military veteran or a family member of a military veteran? If so, in addition to Federal Title IV aid, you may also be eligible for military educational benefits. Please review the information on our Veterans Services page to see if you qualify.