HFC Transfer Resources

Explore Your Educational Goals

Many students choose HFC as their starting point before transferring to a four-year college or university. HFC works with public and private four-year institutions to develop course equivalencies, transfer guides and articulation agreements to make the transfer process easier. Learn about career paths through Career Services.

HFC counselors and advisors will work with you to explore your educational and career goals, and craft a plan that works for their future. Contact the Counseling Office to talk about your goals.

If you need help choosing specific classes for an upcoming semester, contact your Academic Advisor.

Understand Your Options for Transfer

New, 2019! MiTransfer, the Michigan Transfer Network, provides many resources to help you plan and undertake your transfer to another college or university.

Transfer Guides
Transfer guides provide a list of courses which, if completed at one college or university, will meet specific requirements at another college or university for program or major requirements. The college or university to which a student is planning to transfer will provide the student with their transfer equivalencies from HFC.

Articulation Agreements
Articulation agreements allow students to complete an associate degree program at HFC and transfer to a related program at a baccalaureate college or university with a minimum loss of credit and duplication of coursework.

Michigan Transfer Agreement
The Michigan Transfer Agreement will take effect for students who begin their studies in the fall 2014 semester.

Course Equivalencies
The Michigan Transfer Network is a centralized, web-based system that allows students to search course equivalencies among all Michigan colleges and universities.

Reverse Transfer Agreements
If a student chooses to transfer out prior to completing an associate degree, HFC has reverse transfer agreements with many Michigan universities. These agreements allow a student to transfer-back credits earned at university to earn their associate degree.

Start the Transfer Process

  1. Visit the website at the college or university of choice.
  2. Apply early.
  3. Attend an on-campus recruitment event.
  4. Request that HFC send official transcripts.