As broad as your horizons. As deep as your imagination.
Some people choose a college because of reputation, cost, size, program, or location. You'll find great options for all of those reasons here. But we believe it's time to think bigger. It's time to find your place.
Are you ready to drive your future?
As a community-focused college, Henry Ford College welcomes students from Dearborn to Detroit to Downriver to communities across our great state of Michigan, and all over the world.
HFC meets you where you are:
if you know where you're going and you know how to get there...
if you who have no idea what you want to do, but you know you want to do something meaningful with your life…
or if you're anywhere in between.
At Henry Ford College, you will find:
- A welcoming community
- Serious scholars, teachers, and learners
- Broad career options, and guidance in choosing your future
- 150+ top-rated academic programs, from workforce training and trades to business, health care, STEM, liberal arts, and more -- with seamless transfer options for bachelor's and master's degrees
- Flexible scheduling that fits your needs
- An incredibly diverse student body
- NJCAA Division II varsity athletics
- Fun-loving peers, with sports, clubs, and campus life
- One of the most affordable colleges in Michigan, with great academics and successful graduates!
- Personal, academic, and career support from Day One through your graduation and beyond.
We start by listening and learning about you: your talents and skills, your passions and dreams. We provide a pathway to your future, whether than means a workforce or technical education program, a certification program, or a full-fledged degree program. And if you want a second career or a stackable credential, we'll help you earn that, too.
The College and all HFC programs received the highest level of accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, and many of our individual programs are also accredited by the premier professional organizations in their field.
Shared Leadership at Henry Ford College includes collaboration and communication among all stakeholders: employee groups and collective bargaining units, students, and the Board of Trustees. HFC is continually seeking ways to improve programs and services for our students and stakeholders.
Board of Trustees
The Henry Ford College Board of Trustees comprises seven members who serve six-year terms. They are publicly elected and serve concurrently as members of the Board of Education for the Dearborn Public Schools.
The president works closely with the cabinet and deans who take primary strategic and operational responsibility for major functional areas of the College. See the Leadership Overview.
Public Information, Communications, and Marketing
As a public, community-based institution, HFC is committed to timely, transparent communications. We make information and reports available in accordance with federal and state regulations, and communicate through a variety of digital and analog channels.
Members of the media wishing to interview HFC officials or make other media-related inquiries can visit this webpage for complete information.
If your request is urgent, you may reach out to Vice President of Marketing and Communications Rhonda DeLong at 734-834-4686.
About the photography on our website
A substantial percentage of the photography on our hfcc.edu website is the work of Lance Rosol, HFC alumnus and photographer whose professional portfolio is here, at PixelPerfect Photography. Thanks, Lance, for helping us look our best!
- Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Board of Trustees / College Policies and Bylaws
- Student Consumer Information
- Transparency Reporting
- Marketing and Communications office
- College Organization and Department Overview (requires login)
- Human Resources at HFC
- Institutional Statistics and Reports
- Institutional Review Board
- HFC Fast Facts
Henry Ford College (HFC) was founded in 1938 as a community resource and educational gem, which has been its legacy for more than 80 years.
Today, HFC is a public community college in Dearborn, Michigan, USA, enrolling 13,000 students and offering a bachelor's degree, 3+1 programs, associate degrees, and a variety of certificate and workforce development and training programs, as well as dual-enrollment options. HFC offers classes on its two Dearborn campuses and other regional locations, and offers many popular online courses in a variety of academic programs. Non-credit and free course options are also available to qualifying participants.