We Value a Respectful Campus
Henry Ford College (HFC) is dedicated to the education and enrichment of its students and the community. It is the responsibility of all members of the HFC community to contribute to the safety and well-being of the campus environment, and to support the educational process.
Thank you for your cooperation.
What is Expected
- Monitor Your Volume: No yelling, loud laughter or talking, or loud music/speakers.
- Be Safe: No roughhousing or horseplay, throwing things, running or causing harm to others.
- No Unattended Children: Adults must accompany children at all times.
- Be Professional: No use of obscene gestures, foul language, or public intimacy.
- Be Sanitary: Clean up after yourself. Do not litter.
- Follow State & Federal Laws and all Student Conduct Policies: Theft, assault/fighting, forgery, arson or providing false information to campus personnel may result in immediate expulsion.
- Be Respectful: No teasing, name-calling or bigoted/racist comments are allowed. Gestures, comments, and advances of a sexual nature toward another constitutes harassment and is against the law.
- Follow All Directives of Campus Safety and College Personnel: Do not argue with staff or refuse to provide information. Failure to comply and acting disorderly in an office or classroom may result in immediate suspension from campus.
- Be Responsible for Your Guests: If your guests violates a policy, you will be held responsible.
- No Pets: No pets are allowed on campus, except for service animals such as leader dogs.
- No Smoking: Smoking is prohibited on campus except in personal vehicles. This includes tobacco and non-tobacco products such as e-cigarettes.
- No Possession: No possession, sale, or consumption of alcohol or illegal substances is allowed on campus.
- No Classroom Disruption: This includes entry or exit during class, cell phone disruption and talking during lecture.
What Will Happen
What will happen if I break a policy, law, or rule?
The following are simple examples:
|Disrespectful Behavior||Loss of privileges, banned from campus, suspension|
|Yelling profanity and disorderly conduct||Removal from campus, warning, loss of privileges, probation, suspension|
|Making threats, roughhousing, horseplay, fighting or damage to property||Suspension/expulsion|
|Failure to comply with Campus Safety staff or instructor||Banned from campus space/class, suspension|
Office of Campus Safety: 313-845-9630
Vice President for Student Affairs: 313-845-9610
Sign up to receive text alerts and voice messages for College emergencies.