Office of Campus Safety
On-campus phone: call 9911
or 24/7 Campus Safety Dispatch: 313-845-9630
Campus Safety Offices and Services
Campus Safety is responsible for maintaining and releasing incident and accident reports, key control, issuance of employee and student ID cards, maintenance of the access control system, Safe Walk, as well as overall control of all security and safety operations.
Main Office: 313-845-9862
24/7 Dispatch: 313-845-9630
Office Hours Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
East Campus Office: 313-317-1787
Be Prepared, and Be Safe
- The HFC Alert! System will call, send text messages and emails to all HFC students and staff with critical information in the event of a campus or weather emergency. Make sure your contact information is up to date to ensure you receive these important notifications.
- Make sure Campus Safety 24/7 Dispatch number is in your phone in case of emergencies: 313-845-9630
- Download the HFC Reach Out App for additional safety and security information and alerts.
- Learn some easy tips to keep yourself safe on and off campus.
- Review our Emergency Procedures. This quick reference guide is intended to provide a procedures manual in the event of an emergency. While the guide cannot anticipate every situation, it does provide basic guidelines necessary to deal with most campus emergencies.
Report an Incident
- Call Campus Safety Dispatch
- Use the Blue Light Emergency Call Boxes, which are located in buildings and parking lots, to contact Dispatch
- Come to Campus Safety Office to report non-emergencies
- If you wish to report a non-emergency Behavior Incident, or Sexual Harassment and Misconduct (Title IX) Incident, review the Student Rights Toolkit. You may also report anonymously.
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct
You don't have to walk alone on campus. Safe Walk can provide an escort to or from your class or office to your vehicle or anywhere else on campus by Campus Safety personnel.
Lost and Found
To help ensure the security of your personal belongings:
- Do not leave property unattended, even for a few minutes
- Do not leave valuables visible in a vehicle
- If you are looking for lost items, or turning in found property, Go to Campus Safety (Building N). Found items will be logged and stored in the Campus Safety Office; unclaimed property will be donated.
Other Safety Information
External/non-HFC emergency contacts
Dearborn Police Department
16099 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48126
Non-emergency: (313) 943-2241
Dearborn Fire Department
Non-emergency: (313) 943-2001
Henry Ford Medical Center Fairlane
19401 Hubbard Dr.
Dearborn, MI 48126
Beaumont Hospital Dearborn
18101 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124