Office of Campus Safety (OCS)
The Office of Campus Safety is located in the Learning Technology Center on the east side of the Main Campus. (see map) Campus Safety is responsible for maintaining and releasing incident and accident reports, key control, issuance of employee and student ID cards, maintenance of the access control system, Safe Walk, as well as overall control of all security and safety operations.
By virtue of being a student, means being aware of ones surrounding and being responsible for the security of ones own property and that of the college. The following are things students can do to help ensure their own safety and the security of the college and personal property.
- Add the 24-hour emergency number to their cell phones: 313-845-9630.
- If you are a victim of a crime, harassment, stalking, or any incident on campus contact the Office of Campus Safety immediately.
- Report all suspicious behavior including persons, situations, vehicles, etc., to the Office of Campus Safety. If something doesn't seem right, then it probably is not.
- Be prepared to give a description of the persons and events, including location to the Office of Campus Safety and stay on the line to assure a response.
- Do not confront someone who you believe to be involved in committing a crime, or are disruptive or disorderly.
- Do not leave property unattended, even for a few minutes.
- Do not leave valuables exposed in a vehicle.
- Do use the SafeWalk security escort service by contacting the Office of Campus Safety at the 24-hour phone number.
Emergency Notification System
As a student you are automatically registered on the college's emergency notification system. This system will call the student's home and/or cell phone in case of an emergency on campus.
Campus Safety Dispatch
24 hours/7 days
Campus Safety Office
Mon-Fri 8 AM-4:30PM