Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off and Holidays through Fiscal Year 2023
In addition to individual Paid Time Off, Personal Business, Vacation, and Sick time (these terms and number of days off are defined by collective bargaining agreements or exempt status), HFC employees receive 15 paid days off, including holidays, each year as follows:
Fiscal year 2022-2023 paid days off / holidays:
- Monday, September 5, 2022 - Labor Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 through Friday, November 25, 2022 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 23, 2022 through Monday, January 2, 2023 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Thursday, March 9 through Friday, March 10, 2023 - Spring Break days
- Monday, May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Independence Day
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, and more
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees at reasonable employee contribution cost, including:
- Health care / medical (details depend on collective bargaining unit -- employee premium and copays vary)
- Dental care (no employee premium; copays specified)
- Vision care (no employee premium; copays specified)
A few of the additional resources offered at no charge to employees include:
- Employee Assistance Program - mental and psychological health services
- Bereavement Support Services
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA) -- portable, earns interest, does not expire
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
Get to Know HFC: Jennifer Chapman enjoys supporting employees from day one
Jennifer Chapman moves from an executive assistant to an HR Generalist role, where she uses a variety of skills to support her HFC teammates.
Get to Know HFC: Jessica Miller helps students gain valuable work experience
Jessica Miller works hard to keep HFC's co-op program going strong so students will earn work experience while taking classes.
HFC welcomes Dr. Kenetra C. Young, who finds joy in teaching public health
Young brings 22 years of experience in public health to her new role as public health program director at HFC.
HFC Welcomes Keith Davis II, pastry chef
Keith Davis II brings his 10 years of experience as a pastry chef to the classroom and labs, helping train the next generation of chefs.
Human Resources Office
We are a full-service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development, and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's mission statement and strategic plan as a guide to recruit, retain, and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College community to foster an environment that creates, encourages, and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
Lynn Borczon, Assistant Director, Human Resources, and Title IX Coordinator
Compensation and day-to-day HR operations relating to benefits, labor, and talent management.
Tracye Y. Davis, Assistant Director, Human Resources – Performance, Development, and Engagement
Day-to-day HR operations relating to talent acquisition, performance management, training/talent development solutions, and engagement processes.
Mark Tade, Assistant Director, Employee and Labor Relations
Day-to-day HR operations relating to employees and collective bargaining units.
Gaadeh Abou-Arabi, Compensation Specialist
Employee compensation, PAFs, and payroll.
Zeinab Hachem, Human Resources Assistant
Customer service, applicant inquiries, employment verification requests, personnel records, HR team support.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Talent management including position searches, search advocacy, hiring processes, and on-boarding of new hires.
Adam Jaber, HRIS Analyst
Day-to-day HR operations relating to HR Information Systems (HRIS), including NeoEd and HANK. Provide support to HR software end users.
Tiffany Webster, Benefits Manager
All matters pertaining to employee benefits.
Jennifer Chapman, Special Assistant to the VP for Strategy and HR
General HR-related questions or assistance.
Still not sure whom to call?
Contact Jennifer Chapman, who will route you to the appropriate team member.
Local 1650 - American Federation of Teachers
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 21, 2023. Eric Rader is the President of the Union.
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
Local 71 - Administrators’ Association
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College, as these positions are Exempt. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2021*. Joe Zitnik is the President of the Association.
- 2016-2021* Bargaining Agreement, HFC-Administrators' Association
- 2022 Local 71 Benefits Guide
- 2021-2022 Local 71 Salary Schedule
- HFC Local 71 Website
* By mutual agreement between the Administrators’ Association and Henry Ford College, this contract has been extended for one year beyond its original expiration date.
Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association (SSA), which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2024. Leslie Windless is the President of the Association.
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association (DSOEA)
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2023.
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety and Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Right to Work
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA - Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
- FFCRA - Families First Coronavirus Response Act
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Remote Work Policy
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy