Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off
In addition to Sick, Personal Business, and Vacation paid time off, HFC employees have 14 paid holidays per year that include:
- Labor Day in September
- Thanksgiving in November (Thursday and Friday for most employees)
- Winter Break in December (usually the last week of the calendar year for most employees, plus New Year's Day)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in January
- Spring Break in March (for non-instructional staff, this is one or two days)
- Memorial Day in May
- Independence Day on July 4
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees beyond Medical, Dental, and Vision care. A few of the resources offered:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
HR update: promotions, hires, tenure, retirements, and resignations
HR Newsletter, January 2019
Last week for Benefits enrollment!
HR Newsletter, October 2018
Human Resources Office
We are a full service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, on-boarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's Mission Statement and Strategic Plan as a guide to recruit, retain and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College Community to foster an environment that creates, encourages and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students and the broader community.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
Ziad Jaber, x9820 (firstname.lastname@example.org) All General Questions, including transcripts, onboarding appointments, tuition waivers, and HR forms.
Amany Jadallah, x9855 (email@example.com), Compensation Analyst - Employee Compensation, PAFs, and Payroll.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, x6454 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Talent Management including Cornerstone Hiring Process and Onboarding of new hires.
Reuben Brukley, Labor Relations Manager x6573 (email@example.com) - SSA and DSOEA matters, Labor & Employee Relations, contract administration, grievances, complaints, performance management.
Tiffany Webster, x9692 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Employee Benefits.
Lynn Borczon x9664 (email@example.com) Assistant Director, HR - Title IX Coordinator. Oversee compensation and support day-to-day HR operations relating to benefits, labor, and talent management.
Linda Torbet, x 6498 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Assistant Director of Labor Relations x6498 - Local 1650, Local 71, and AFO matters, Labor and Employee Relations.
Still not sure whom to call? Call the HR Main line x9820, and Ziad will route you to the appropriate team member.
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 23, 2021. John McDonald is the President of the Union.
- 2012-2021 Bargaining Agreement, Local 1650
- 2019 Local 1650 Benefit Guide
- 2019 Local 1650 Benefits Summary Presentation
- HFC FT 1650 Website
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. David Cunningham is the President of the Association.
- 2016-2021 Bargaining Agreement, HFC-Administrators' Association
- 2019 Local 71 Benefit Guide
- 2019 Local 71 Benefits Summary Presentation
- HFC Local 71 Website
HFC Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association, which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. Kimberly Kaier is the President of the Association.
- 2016-2020 Bargaining Agreement, HFCC-SSA
- 2019 SSA Benefit Guide
- 2019 SSA Benefits Summary Presentation
- HFC Support Staff Website
- HFC Support Staff Facebook
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2018. Michael Wieczorek is the Union representative at the College.
- 2018-2023 Bargaining Agreement, Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association
- Medical Plan Summary
- Dental Plan Summary
- Vision Plan Summary
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety & Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Right to Work
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA- Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy