Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off and Holidays
In addition to Sick, Personal Business, and Vacation paid time off, HFC employees receive 15 paid holidays per year that include (dates listed here are for the fiscal year from July 2019 through June 2020. Some dates vary each year):
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 28, 2019 through Friday, November 29, 2019
- Winter Break - Monday, December 23, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020 *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Spring Break - Friday, March 13, 2020 *
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - Monday, July 6, 2020
* An extra day was added to the 2019 end-of-year holidays to allow employees to be off work on Monday, Dec. 23. Therefore, the 2020 staff Spring Break holiday was reduced from two days to one. Students and faculty remain on break the entire week of Spring Break, March 9-13.
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees beyond Medical, Dental, and Vision care. A few of the resources offered:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
HFC Staff Council's 23rd annual Toys for Tots
The HFC Staff Council is collecting new, unwrapped toys for its 23rd Toys for Tots drive until Dec. 13.
All employees must re-enroll for benefits for 2020 by Dec. 2
It's time for benefits enrollment! All benefits-eligible employees must re-enroll by the deadline in order to be eligible for 2020 benefits.
Henry Ford College holiday schedule
The HFC employee holiday schedule includes 14 paid holidays throughout the year.
Employee Benefits Fair Raffle Winners
Eight HFC employees won prizes during the Sept. 18 Employee Benefits Fair raffle. Collect your prizes!
Human Resources Office
We are a full service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, on-boarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's Mission Statement and Strategic Plan as a guide to recruit, retain and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College Community to foster an environment that creates, encourages and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students and the broader community.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
Lynn Borczon x9664 (email@example.com) Assistant Director, HR - Title IX Coordinator. Oversee compensation and support day-to-day HR operations relating to benefits, labor, and talent management.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, x6454 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Talent Management including Cornerstone Hiring Process and Onboarding of new hires.
Amany Jadallah, x9855 (email@example.com), Compensation Analyst - Employee Compensation, PAFs, and Payroll.
Tiffany Webster, x9692 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Employee Benefits.
Ziad Jaber, x9820 (email@example.com) All General Questions, including transcripts, onboarding appointments, tuition waivers, and HR forms.
Still not sure whom to call?
Call the HR Main line x9820, and Ziad will route you to the appropriate team member.
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 23, 2021. John McDonald is the President of the Union.
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. David Cunningham is the President of the Association.
HFC Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association, which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. Kimberly Kaier is the President of the Association.
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2018. Michael Wieczorek is the Union representative at the College.
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety and Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Right to Work
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA- Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy