Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off and Holidays, July 2019 - December 2020
In addition to Sick, Personal Business, and Vacation paid time off, HFC employees receive 15 paid holidays per year that include (dates listed here are for the fiscal year from July 2019 through June 2020, plus the remainder of the 2020 calendar year. Some dates vary each year):
Fiscal year 2020 holidays:
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Friday, July 5, 2019
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 28, 2019 through Friday, November 29, 2019
- Winter Break - Monday, December 23, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020 *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Spring Break - Friday, March 13, 2020 *
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
* An extra day was added to the 2019 end-of-year holidays to allow employees to be off work on Monday, Dec. 23. Therefore, the 2020 staff Spring Break holiday was reduced from two days to one. Students and faculty remain on break the entire week of Spring Break, March 9-13.
Remainder of 2020 calendar year holidays:
- Independence Day closure - Friday, July 3 through Monday, July 6, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2020 through Friday, November 27, 2020
- Winter Break - Thursday, December 24, 2020 through Friday, January 1, 2020
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees beyond Medical, Dental, and Vision care. A few of the resources offered:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
January/February HR update: new hires, classifications, resignations, retirement
News about your HFC colleagues for January and February 2020.
New mileage reimbursement rates for 2020
New mileage reimbursement rates for 2020 is 57.5 cents per mile. Please submit mileage reimbursement requests monthly.
Weight Watchers at Work: Sign up by Feb. 13!
Sign up for Weight Watchers at Work by Feb. 13. The Early Bird special is available until Feb. 6 as you begin your journey to a healthier you.
HFC’s Adam Jaber officially becomes an American citizen
A new citizen, a new name: HR Customer Service Leader Adam Jaber commemorates his new citizenship with a name change.
Human Resources Office
We are a full-service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development, and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's mission statement and strategic plan as a guide to recruit, retain, and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College community to foster an environment that creates, encourages, and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
LaDonna Holley Executive Director, Human Resources
x9821 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Institutional HR leadership, department operations
Lynn Borczon, Assistant Director, Human Resources, and Title IX Coordinator
x9664 (email@example.com). Compensation and day-to-day HR operations relating to benefits, labor, and talent management.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator
x6454 (firstname.lastname@example.org). - Talent management including Cornerstone hiring process and on-boarding of new hires.
Amany Jadallah, Compensation Analyst
x9855 (email@example.com). Employee compensation, PAFs, and payroll.
Tiffany Webster, Human Resources Generalist
x9692 (firstname.lastname@example.org). All matters pertaining to employee benefits.
Adam Jaber, Customer Service Leader
x9820 (email@example.com). All general questions, including transcripts, on-boarding appointments, tuition waivers, and HR forms.
Still not sure whom to call?
Call the Human Resources main line at x9820, and Adam will route you to the appropriate team member.
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 23, 2021. John McDonald is the President of the Union.
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. David Cunningham is the President of the Association.
HFC Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association, which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. Kimberly Kaier is the President of the Association.
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2018. Michael Wieczorek is the Union representative at the College.
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety and Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Right to Work
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA- Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy