As a bronze-level veteran-friendly school, HFC is proud to be the first community college in Michigan named a bronze-level Veteran-Friendly Employer.
Diverse, Inclusive Campus
HFC is committed to fostering inclusion and diversity among our campus community by being a Welcoming College.
Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off and Holidays through Fiscal Year 2024
In addition to individual Paid Time Off, Personal Business, Vacation, and Sick time (these terms and number of days off are defined by collective bargaining agreements or exempt status), HFC employees receive 15 paid days off, including holidays, each year.
Fiscal year 2022-2023 paid days off and holidays:
- Monday, September 5, 2022 - Labor Day Holiday
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 through Friday, November 25, 2022 - Thanksgiving holiday + paid day off
- Friday, December 23, 2022 through Monday, January 2, 2023 - Winter Break paid days off
- Monday, January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Thursday, March 9 through Friday, March 10, 2023 - Spring Break paid days off
- Monday, May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day Holiday
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Independence Day Holiday
Fiscal year 2023-2024 paid days off and holidays:
- Monday, September 4, 2023 - Labor Day Holiday
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 through Friday, November 24, 2023 - Thanksgiving holiday + paid day off
- Friday, December 22, 2023 through Monday, January 1, 2024 - Winter Break paid days off
- Monday, January 15, 2024 - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Thursday, March 7 through Friday, March 8, 2024 - Spring Break paid days off
- Monday, May 27, 2024 - Memorial Day Holiday
- Thursday, July 4, 2024 - Independence Day Holiday
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, and more
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees at reasonable employee contribution cost, including:
- Health care / medical (details depend on collective bargaining unit -- employee premium and copays vary)
- Dental care (no employee premium; copays specified)
- Vision care (no employee premium; copays specified)
A few of the additional resources offered at no charge to employees include:
- Employee Assistance Program - mental and psychological health services: Descriptive Brochure and Login page
- Bereavement Support Services
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA) -- portable, earns interest, does not expire
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
Math instructor Deb Zopf retires after 35 years of making a difference in students’ lives
Dr. Deborah Zopf is grateful for 35 years of teaching at HFC, including 20 years of leadership in assessment. Her contributions to the College have changed lives.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. If you are experiencing stress or other factors that are having an impact on your mental health, these resources might be helpful.
Joni Morris elected president of SSA
As of June 1, HFC Financial Aid Associate Joni Morris will become the president of the Support Staff Association.
Jobs and Careers Fair: HFC is seeking great team members!
HFC welcomes great people to join our team in a variety of fields and specialties, across instructional and administrative/staff roles. Registration requested. The virtual event is May 18 and 19.
Human Resources Office
We are a full-service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development, and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's mission statement, ABIDE Talent Management Strategy, and Strategic Plan as our guides to recruit, retain, and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College community to foster an environment that creates, encourages, and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
If you have questions about employment-related matters at HFC, contact our Human Resources Office.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
Lisa Bradley, Executive Director, Human Resources
Institutional HR leadership, strategy, department operations
Lynn Borczon, Assistant Director, Human Resources, and Employee Title IX Coordinator
HR operations relating to compensation, benefits, labor, and talent management.
Tracye Y. Davis, Assistant Director, Human Resources – Performance, Development, and Engagement
HR operations relating to talent acquisition, performance management, training/talent development solutions, and engagement processes.
Mark Tade, Assistant Director, Employee and Labor Relations
HR operations relating to employees, labor relations, and collective bargaining.
Human Resources Team Members
Gaadeh Abou-Arabi, Compensation Specialist
Employee compensation, PAFs, and payroll.
Jennifer Chapman, HR Generalist
General HR-related questions or assistance.
Zeinab Hachem, Human Resources Assistant
x9820 Customer service, applicant inquiries, employment verification requests, personnel records, HR team support.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Talent management including position searches, search advocacy, hiring processes, and on-boarding of new hires.
Adam Jaber, HRIS Analyst
Day-to-day HR operations relating to HR Information Systems (HRIS), including NeoEd and HANK. Provide support to HR software end users.
Tiffany Webster, Benefits Manager
All matters pertaining to employee benefits.
Still not sure whom to call?
Contact Zeinab Hachem at 313-845-9820, who will route you to the appropriate team member.
Local 1650 - American Federation of Teachers
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 21, 2023. Eric Rader is the President of the Union.
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
Local 71 - Administrators’ Association
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College, as these positions are Exempt. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2021*. Joe Zitnik is the President of the Association.
- 2016-2021* Bargaining Agreement, HFC-Administrators' Association
- 2022 Local 71 Benefits Guide
- 2021-2022 Local 71 Salary Schedule
- HFC Local 71 Website
* By mutual agreement between the Administrators’ Association and Henry Ford College, this contract has been extended for one year beyond its original expiration date.
Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association (SSA), which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2024. Leslie Windless is the President of the Association.
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association (DSOEA)
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2023.
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety and Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA - Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
- FFCRA - Families First Coronavirus Response Act
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Remote Work Policy
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy