Accepting Your Awards
All awards, with the exception of loan awards and work study funds (which require the student to earn the funds), do not require any further action by the student. All loan awards are awarded in a “Pending” status.
To view an award or to accept or reject a loan, the student should take the following steps:
- Log into WebAdvisor. You will need your User ID and password to access your account. If you need assistance logging in, feel free to visit the Welcome Center.
- Once logged in, click on** "Students"**
- Under the "Financial Aid" section, click** "Accept or Reject my Financial Aid Awards"**
- Choose a financial aid award year. Fall 2012, Winter 2013, and Spring/Summer 2013 are the 2012-2013 Academic Year
- Once you choose your Academic Year, you will be able to view your financial aid awards by semester. All awards have a status of “Accepted” with the exception of loans. All loan awards will have a “Pending” status unless a student chooses to accept the loan. To accept loan(s), next to each loan award, the student must indicate in the drop-down menu to “Accept Award” or “Reject Award”.
- Accept: Students accepting loan funds are agreeing to all of the requirements and regulations related to the repayment of such funds. In addition to accepting loan funds, students must also complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
- Reject: Students choosing to reject loan funds need only indicate “Reject Award” next to the loan award.
- Once you have accepted or rejected your loan(s), you will be asked to confirm your decision by clicking "OK"
NOTE: First-year, first-time borrowers are also subject to a 30-day disbursement delay.