Financial Aid Census Date and Schedule Changes
Financial Aid Census Date and Adding/Dropping Courses
Your financial aid award is prepared based on anticipated full-time enrollment. If your actual attendance is less than that (e.g. half-time), your awards will be adjusted accordingly. In addition, HFC adjusts awards each semester, as required, based on the student’s enrollment as of the “Census Date” for that semester. Specifically, Pell Grant payments will be based on the number of credit hours for which a student is enrolled as of the Census Date for that semester.
- The Census Date for Spring/Summer 2015 is July 1, 2015
- The Census Date for Fall 2015 is September 11, 2015
- The Census Date for Winter 2016 is January 26, 2016
- The Census Date for Spring/Summer 2016 is June 29, 2016
** If a student initially enrolls for the semester after the Census Date for that semester, the Census Date for that student will be the date of their initial enrollment.
To ensure receipt of the maximum Pell Grant for which you are eligible as well as avoid having to pay back Pell Grant funds already posted to your account, students are STRONGLY encouraged to finalize their course schedule no later than the Census Date.
- Dropping Classes Before the Census Date: A Pell Grant payment made at the beginning of the semester is based on the student’s enrollment as of the day the Pell Grant is disbursed. If a student drops any classes between the time of the initial payment and the Census Date for that semester, the Pell Grant may be partially or totally reversed.
- Adding Classes After the Census Date: If a student adds a class after the Census Date for the semester, the student’s Pell Grant will not be increased. Classes added after the Census Date will not be eligible to be counted for Pell Grant eligibility purposes, although they may still be counted for Federal Direct Loan eligibility purposes.