How to Apply: Select the student category below that describes you, then follow the directions provided.

Transfer Students,
International Students,
and other Degree-Seeking Students

Apply for admission

If this is your first time attending college, if you are seeking a degree or certificate, or if you want to take classes that will transfer to a university, apply today.

Don't know what you want to study? Complete the free Focus 2 Career Assessment tool to match your interests and strengths with HFC programs that lead to some of the hottest careers.

If you're a veteran, learn more about Veterans Education Benefits.

If you're a non-immigrant international student, there are a few extra steps. Learn more about meeting HFC's international admission requirements.

If you were previously admitted as a First Time, Transfer, or International Student, you do NOT need to submit an application again.

High School and College Together (Dual Enrollment)

Apply for Dual Enrollment
Learn more about dual enrollment

High school students currently attending a U.S. high school may take courses at HFC through our dual enrollment, advancement plus, Collegiate Academy, Henry Ford Early College, and Career Technical Education programs. High school students may also earn college credit at HFC through Advanced Placement (AP).

Guest Students

Apply as a Guest Student

Students enrolled at another college/university can take classes at HFC as Guest Students and then return to their current college/university, transferring their credits there from HFC. View application instructions and other information for guest students and non-degree students.

Non-Degree Students

Apply as a Non-Degree Student

Students interested in taking individual courses can enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. This includes students who want to enroll in ESL courses through the English Language Institute.

Need personalized assistance?

We are here to help! Contact one of our Enrollment Specialists at 313-845-9600 or send a message to

We also provide in-person service at our on-campus Welcome Center.
Welcome Center hours and services