Academic Advisers and Student Success Navigators provide students with support throughout their college career, from application to graduation. An Academic Adviser or Student Success Navigator will be assigned to students based on the student's program of study. Students receive assistance with fulfilling educational goals and navigating a pathway to degree completion. Advisers and Navigators assist with Student Planning and provide a guided pathway all the way to graduation.
Schedule an Appointment
Advisers are available to students on a walk-in basis. Or students can skip the line and schedule an appointment using Flex Appointment.
When to see an Academic Adviser:
- You are a new or current student and you are decided on your program of study;
- You have placement test scores that need to be evaluated;
- You want to review pre-requisites and required courses for your Program of Study;
- You want to review transfer requirements or your pre-graduation audit;
- You have questions regarding the admissions process, registrar, transcripts in the system, program evaluation, course substitutions, waivers, CLEP/AP credits, and course syllabus;
- You are considering attending HFC and seeking information regarding courses, degree offerings and requirements;
- You are a returning student and the last course was completed less than three (3) years ago at HFC;
- You require a Change of Program and you are firmly decided on what the program will be; selecting a new program closely related to current program of study; students changing their program for the first time or students seeking change to align with transferring to a university (Undecided students may be referred to Counseling for Career Counseling).
When to see a Student Success Navigator:
- You are in a Business, Computer Technology, Culinary Arts and Hospitality, STEM, Industrial Arts, Health Careers or Nursing program;
- You are new to HFC;
- You have questions and you need someone to support and advocate for you;
- You are ready to have help with your written Student Success Plan (SSP);
- You want a plan that shows you how to get to graduation and the steps you need to take to get there;
- You are struggling in a class and need some help and direction; and
- You want to explore opportunities for campus involvement outside of the classroom.
Location: Welcome Center (Building WC on the main campus, first floor)
Walk-in Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Fridays: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Contact: 313-317-6845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org