New Student Orientation
All newly admitted students are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) as part of the Henry Ford College 7 Steps to Enroll. As a new student, NSO is a great opportunity for you to:
- Learn important tips on how to be successful in your college courses;
- Hear about the services and resources available to you at HFC to help you succeed;
- Learn how to get involved and connect with the HFC community;
- Help you better understand ways to finance and pay for your courses; and
- Meet new friends and become familiar with the HFC campus.
Sessions are jam-packed with information that is crucial for the success of a new student at HFC. Please expect NSO to last approximately four hours. Register for New Student Orientation now. The earlier you attend NSO, the sooner you can register for classes!
These sessions are for regular HFC students only. If you are a Dual Enrollment student (high school student taking college courses at HFC), learn more about HFC Dual Enrollment Orientation.
Available Sessions for Winter 2016 NSO
- Monday, Nov. 9, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2015 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, Nov. 20, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 23, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 30, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 7, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015 at 9 a.m.
NOTE: Some dates listed above may not appear on the registration page because they are already full.
- Make sure you have been admitted to HFC.
- Practice for your Course Placement Exam. HFC offers test preparation workshops and practice exams to aid with success on these important placement exams.
What to Bring
- Bring valid photo identification, a pen, and a notepad.
- These sessions are designed only for new HFC students. Parents are welcome to attend; however, due to limited space, we ask that you limit bringing any guests.
Driving and Parking Directions
NSO sessions are held in the Welcome Center, which is marked "WC" on the campus map below.
On your NSO day, enter the campus at the SME Drive. Park in the spots closest to the Welcome Center. NSO is located in the Community Rooms on the first floor of the Welcome Center. The concierge at the front desk can help direct you to the room.
Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes early in order to give yourself plenty of time to park, find the room, and check-in.
For additional information regarding NSO, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-585-HFCC.