Request Admissions Documents

HFC requires official documents that prove you meet admission requirements (High School Diploma, GED or equivalent). Transcripts sent directly to HFC from an accredited school or issuing institution in the US, or from an approved international evaluation agency (for education completed outside the U.S.) will be accepted as “official.” For information on transcripts for education completed outside the US, please see the section entitled “International Transcripts” below. Transcripts you provide to HFC, even if in a sealed envelope, are NOT considered official.

Official transcripts can be sent directly to HFC from an issuing institution or agency at the following locations:

  • Electronic delivery directly from a service such as Parchment, or approved international evaluation agency.
  • Mailed directly to:
    ATTN: Admissions
    Henry Ford College
    5101 Evergreen Road
    Dearborn, MI 48128

  • Emailed directly to

  • Faxed with a cover sheet including the institutions contact information to 313-845-9891.

Please review the information below when requesting transcripts for your prior institutions.

High School Transcripts from the U.S.

  • Request transcripts be sent to HFC via Parchment, an online service utilized by a growing number of high schools.
  • If your school does not utilize Parchment, visit the school website or contact the counseling office for information on how to request official transcripts.
  • If you need additional help see the High School Transcript Help page or contact us at

NOTE: HFC does NOT accept High School Equivalency Certificates for admission.

College Transcripts from U.S. Institutions

  • Contact your previous college for information on how to request an official transcript.

See more information about HFC's transfer requirements.

General Educational Development (GED)

  • All GED recipients visit the GED website for details on requesting your transcript.

NOTE: HFC will accept an official GED transcript for admissions purposes. GED diploma’s and certificates are not acceptable.

Home School Transcripts

  • Parent or guardian signed statement that the student has completed high school or providing official high school transcripts showing a diploma from the home school.
  • NOTE: To be admitted, Home School students must also place into ENG 131 based on results of the HFC English Placement test, ACT or SAT. Review our course placement options for more information.

International Transcripts

  • Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be evaluated by an approved NACES evaluation service and sent directly from the evaluation service to Henry Ford College.
  • HFC will accept transcripts directly from high schools located in Ontario, CA for admissions, provided that the transcripts are in English.

Review our international transcript evaluation requirements.

Optional Transcripts for Additional Credit

Advanced Placement (AP)

To receive Advanced Placement (AP) credits, you must submit an official copy of the AP test scores from the College Entrance Examination Board. See our AP score equivalencies under "Types of Dual Enrollment at HFC".

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

To receive College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credits, you must submit an official copy of the CLEP test scores from the College Entrance Examination Board. See our list of CLEP equivalencies.

Joint Services Transcript

If you have military training that you would like to have evaluated for college credit, request and submit your Joint Services Transcript to the Registration and Records Office. For additional information on Military Transcript Evaluation visit ACE | Military Programs.