Become a Guest Student or spend a “Visiting Year” at HFC


Graduate sooner.

Save a lot of money, while you study safely from home.

Be our guest at Henry Ford College.

Students enrolled at any accredited college or university can take classes at HFC as a Guest Student (sometimes called a Visiting Student), and then transfer their HFC credits back to their home college or university.

Apply as a guest / visiting student today (The application is free)

Get ahead as a guest student!

  • Consider a Visiting Year at HFC rather than taking time off from your university studies.
  • HFC’s low tuition rate gives you big long-term savings.
  • Your HFC credits count toward general education or academic major requirements at your home university or college.
  • Reduce your course load at your home university, or reduce the time it will take you to complete a bachelor’s degree.

The HFC guest / visiting student process

  1. Complete the Michigan Uniform Guest Application (a fillable PDF application). Part 2 must be completed by your home university or college.
  2. Submit your completed application to HFC via email to
  3. Check your email for information on how to set up your student account and register for classes
  4. Register for classes (You will be responsible to verity that your home institution will accept your HFC credits. Your registrar can tell you.)
  5. Pay for classes (You will be responsible for all tuition and fees at Henry Ford College)
  6. After successfully completing your guest courses at HFC, request that your Official Transcripts be sent to your home university, so your credits will count there.

Questions? Contact the HFC Registrar’s Office at or call 313-845-9600.

For more information, or to get help enrolling, contact:

Welcome Center
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI