HFC requires official documents that prove you meet admission requirements (High School Diploma, GED or equivalent). Transcripts sent directly to HFC from an accredited school or issuing institution in the US, or from an approved international evaluation agency (for education completed outside the U.S.) will be accepted as “official.” For information on transcripts for education completed outside the US, please see the section entitled “International Transcripts” below. Transcripts you provide to HFC, even if in a sealed envelope, are NOT considered official.
Official transcripts can be sent directly to HFC from an issuing institution or agency at the following locations:
- Electronic delivery directly from a service such as Parchment, or approved international evaluation agency.
Mailed directly to:
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
Emailed directly to email@example.com
- Faxed with a cover sheet including the institutions contact information to 313-845-9891.
Please review the information below when requesting transcripts for your prior institutions.
High School Transcripts from the U.S.
- Request transcripts be sent to HFC via Parchment, an online service utilized by a growing number of high schools.
- If your school does not utilize Parchment, visit the school website or contact the counseling office for information on how to request official transcripts.
- If you need additional help see the High School Transcript Help page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: HFC does NOT accept High School Equivalency Certificates for admission.
General Educational Development (GED)
- All GED recipients visit the GED website for details on requesting your transcript.
NOTE: HFC will accept an official GED transcript for admissions purposes. GED diploma’s and certificates are not acceptable.
Home School Transcripts
- Parent or guardian signed statement that the student has completed high school or providing official high school transcripts showing a diploma from the home school.
- NOTE: To be admitted, Home School students must also place into ENG 131 based on results of the HFC English Placement test, ACT or SAT. Review our course placement options for more information.
- Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be evaluated by an approved NACES evaluation service and sent directly from the evaluation service to Henry Ford College.
- HFC will accept transcripts directly from high schools located in Ontario, CA for admissions, provided that the transcripts are in English.
Review our international transcript evaluation requirements.