Transfer Bridges to the Humanities @ University of Michigan
What is Transfer Bridges?
T ransfer Bridges to the Humanities @ University of Michigan is a program for HFC students who want to study the humanities and humanistic social sciences for two years and then transfer to U-M Ann Arbor’s College of Literature, Science, and the Arts to complete their bachelor’s degree at one of the nation’s leading institutions.
The program also includes summer program components, and other co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities so students will get to know their U-M professors and fellow students before transferring from HFC to U-M Ann Arbor.
Humanities are liberal arts disciplines such as archaeology, classics, history, linguistics and languages, law and politics, literature, performing arts, philosophy, religion, visual arts, and others.
Humanistic social sciences include liberal arts disciplines such as anthropology, communications, economics, evolutionary biology, genetics, political science, psychology, sociology, and others.
Students interested in non-humanities majors at U-M are also welcome to inquire, and we will direct you.
Make an appointment to learn more
Join us for Transfer Bridges Tuesdays
Want to meet with a UM representative to learn more about transferring to UM-Ann Arbor’s College of LSA? Schedule an appointment for an in-person Transfer Bridges Tuesday, held every Tuesday in Room K-103 on HFC's campus. If you cannot attend one of these sessions, remote Zoom sessions are available on other days of the week.
Visit us on-campus
Visit the Transfer Bridges Info Table in the K-Building Lobby during the following times:
|Tuesday, January 17||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, January 31||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, February 7||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, February 14||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, February 28||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 7||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, March 14||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 28||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 4||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 11||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 18||9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
You will save $30,000 by attending HFC for your first two years! In addition to the major cost savings, here are some of the major ways you will benefit from this robust program:
- If you are an HFC honors student, you will (once gaining admission) be part of a structured transfer process to make sure your credits in liberal arts, humanities, and the humanistic social sciences will effectively transfer to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- You will have many different learning and social experiences both in Dearborn and Ann Arbor from the beginning of your studies, including undergraduate research, community-based learning, socially innovative programs, summer collaborations, internships, and more.
- You will participate directly with HFC and U-M faculty and graduate students to create inclusive learning models at HFC.
- You will receive support for career coaching and intensive instruction to ensure you will be able to make the most of your humanities education.
- You will experience the best of both worlds: Michigan’s premier community college, and one of the nation’s premier universities!