Academic Forgiveness provides a second opportunity to former students who have experienced past academic deficiencies.
The purpose of Academic Forgiveness at Henry Ford Community College is to allow a student who has not performed well academically to have a maximum of twelve (12) hours of "E" grades removed from their grade point average.
To apply for Academic Forgiveness, a currently enrolled student must file an application in Registration & Records and meet the following guidelines:
- Five or more years must elapse between Academic Forgiveness and the last failing grade for which forgiveness is requested.
- The student must have earned, at Henry Ford Community College, at least six credit hours in courses numbered 100 or above and have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher since the "E" grades were received.
- Forgiven grades, to a maximum of twelve (12) credit hours, will no longer be calculated into the student's GPA.
- Forgiven grades will remain on the transcript and a special notation will be added explaining Academic Forgiveness.
- Academic Forgiveness can be granted only once to a student.
- Academic Forgiveness, when granted, applies to Henry Ford Community College courses. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that Academic Forgiveness will be recognized by any other college or university.
To apply for Academic Forgiveness complete - Academic Forgiveness Form
Or visit Registration and Records to apply in person.
If you meet all the requirements for Academic Forgiveness, your transcript will marked accordingly and an "Issued to Student" transcript will be forwarded to you via US Mail. If you do not meet the requirements you will be notified by letter.
Please allow one week for processing time.