The purpose of academic forgiveness is to allow a student who has not performed well academically in the past to have a maximum of twelve (12) credit hours of “E” grades removed from his or her grade point average. In order to qualify for academic forgiveness, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be currently enrolled at the time you apply for academic forgiveness.
- Five or more years must elapse between the academic forgiveness and the last failing grade for which forgiveness is requested.
- The student must have earned at Henry Ford College at least six (6) credit hours in courses numbered 100 or above and have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2. 0 or higher from the time period in which the failing grades were received.
Please be aware of the following:
- Forgiven grades, to a maximum of twelve (12) credit hours will no longer be calculated in the student’s overall grade point average (GPA).
- Forgiven grades will remain on the transcript and a special notation will be added explaining academic forgiveness.
- Academic forgiveness is granted only once to any student.
- Academic forgiveness, when granted applies to Henry Ford College courses. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that academic forgiveness will be recognized by any other college or university.
- Academic forgiveness will not be granted once a student has graduated from Henry Ford College.
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact the Registration & Records office at 313.845.6403
To apply for Academic Forgiveness complete - Academic Forgiveness Form
Or visit Registration and Records to apply in person.
If you meet all the requirements for Academic Forgiveness, your transcript will marked accordingly and an "Issued to Student" transcript will be forwarded to you via US Mail. If you do not meet the requirements you will be notified by letter.
Please allow one week for processing time.