Veterans Educational Benefits

Admission and Enrollment

Follow all steps listed to complete the admission and enrollment process.

Application for Veterans Educational Benefits

NOTE: You can complete the application process to the Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) while you are completing the admission and enrollment process at the College.

  1. Using VA Education Benefits For The First Time: Complete the online application for VA educational benefits at When applying for benefits for the first time, you will need to complete VA Form 22-1990 if you are the Veteran or Form 22-5490 if you are applying for Survivors and Dependents (DEA) educational benefits. This step should be completed as soon as possible. Please allow at least six weeks for processing of your application by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Print a copy of your VA application to be submitted to the veterans- certifying official at HFC.

  2. Transfer Students: If you used Veterans Educational Benefits at another institution, you must complete the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. This form can be completed online at Complete VA Form 22-1995 if you are the Veteran or Form 22-5495 if you have used DEA educational benefits at a previously attended institution. Print a copy of the completed form to be submitted to the veterans certifying official at HFC.

  3. Tuition Assistance Sponsorship: For students using Military Tuition Assistance (GoArmyEd, Navy College Program Tuition Assistance, MyCAA, etc.). Students using Military Tuition Assistance (MTA) will be processed as a "sponsored" student and invoicing for your Tuition Assistance payments is handled by the Student Accounts Office. Please submit your Tuition Assistance authorization voucher to the Student Accounts Office, which is located in the Welcome Center (Building WC on the main campus). For detailed information view Military Tuition Assistance Requirements and Policies at HFC or contact Donna Henne at or

The Dept. of Veterans Affairs makes the determination on benefit eligibility.