HFC Mission, Vision, and Values
Henry Ford College transforms lives and builds better futures by providing outstanding education. As a student-centered, evidence-based college, our success is measured by the success of our students. We empower learners through the development of independent, critical and creative thinking, and we foster diversity, inclusion, understanding, and acceptance to prepare learners to succeed in a global society. We anticipate and respond to the needs of our stakeholders, exceed their expectations and serve the public good.
First Choice, Best Choice
We have a PASSION for:
- teaching and learning;
- exploring diverse perspectives and ideas;
- creating a student-centered environment;
- transforming lives through continuous learning; and
- excellence in all that we do.
We demonstrate INTEGRITY through:
- responsible stewardship;
- ethical conduct;
- honest dialogue; and
- sustainable practices.
We promote INGENUITY by:
- being agile, flexible, and responsive;
- rewarding discovery, creativity, and innovation;
- collecting, evaluating, and acting on evidence;
- thinking critically; and
- continuously reimagining the future.
We show RESPECT for one another when we:
- collaborate and rely on teamwork;
- celebrate diversity and inclusiveness;
- maintain transparent practices;
- show compassion and empathy; and
- are engaged and committed to our shared work.