HFC hosts Courses XXIII Chefs’ Dinner April 15
Please join us for the Courses XXIII Chefs’ Dinner at Fifty-One O One – HFC’s student-run restaurant in the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Bldg. M on the main campus) – on Saturday, April 15, at 6:00 p.m. to benefit student scholarships.
Nothing brings the Culinary program more joy than developing the next generation of Detroit’s great chefs and hospitality professionals. Sharing the experience is at the heart of why we operate our student-run restaurant.
What makes this special event even more special is the Courses XXIII Chefs’ Dinner marks 50 years of hospitality education at HFC. We’re looking forward to seeing you as we celebrate this milestone anniversary.
Jeffery Click, CSC, CHE
Instructor, Chef de Cuisine, International Buffets
Joseph Cosenza, MBA, CEC, CHE
Instructor, Chef de Cuisine, Fifty-One-O One Restaurant
Eric Gackenbach, MBA, CEC, CHE
Department Chair, ACFEF Program Coordinator
Lauren Wallace, MBA, CHE, DRA, WSA
Instructor, Manager, Fifty-One O One Restaurant
The following entrées will be served at the Courses XXIII Chefs’ Dinner:
• Hors d’oeuvres: Assorted canapés
• Artichokes En Vierge: Sunchoke, crosnes, Meyer lemon, Castelvetrano olive
• Saucisson À L’ail: Cornichon, compressed stone fruit, peal onion, Dijon
• Sautéed Halibut: Spring succotash, rue-scented onion glace
• Braised Breast of Veal: Polenta cake, glazed vegetables, sweet garlic
• Banana Split: Poached banana ice cream, white chocolate banana crepes, chocolate sauce, Maraschino cherries
• There will be complimentary coffee and tea service
• Homemade bread will be served with the meal
• Beer and wine will be available to purchase for guests ages 21 and over
• 6:00 p.m.: Cocktails
• 6:30 p.m.: Dinner
• Performance by the HFC Big Band after dinner
Tickets are $72/person. $47 of the cost is a tax-deductible donation to the HFC Hospitality Scholarship Fund.
Parking is free. When arriving, please park in the Campus Safety lot lot or adjacent faculty lots. Guests should notify Campus Safety that they are dining at Fifty-One O One.
For questions or further information, call 313-206-5101.