Student Snack and Chat sessions highlight great student resources
Students: beginning Wednesday, Sept. 28, the HFC Pre-Engineering department, the Student Activities office, and the Middle College Trade School will host twice-weekly Pre-Engineering/Trade Snack and Chat Sessions. This series is free and open to all HFC students. Lunch will be provided at each session.
You will be able to:
* Meet HFC advisors and counselors
* Learn about various job opportunities
* Learn about HFC Student Support Services
How to attend
Attend in person: East Campus, Room MT-115 in the M-TEC Building. Free lunch will be provided!
Attend on Zoom: Join the Zoom option here.
* Meeting ID: 917 3070 3186
* Passcode: 241176
* You'll have to provide your own snacks for the Zoom option ;)
Schedule of Events
Listed below is a calendar of Snack and Chat sessions, which will run every Monday and Wednesday from Sept. 28 to Nov. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.:
- Wednesday, Sept. 28: Henry Ford II Honors Program Director Dr. Adam Hazlett will speak about the benefits of joining the Honors Program.
- Monday, Oct. 3: HFC Career Services Officer Chad Austin will give the presentation, “How to Write an Impressive Résumé.”
- Wednesday, Oct. 5: HFC cybersecurity lead faculty Marrci Connor will discuss HFC’s cybersecurity program.
- Monday, Oct. 10: Michael Stanbrough of Detroit-based Cincar Consulting Group, LLC will discuss careers in construction engineering.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12: HFC Asst. Director of Financial Aid Stephanie Latzke will discuss financial aid and scholarships.
- Monday, Oct. 17: HFC pre-engineering instructors Dr. Hassan Mohseni Nameghi and Dr. Ashfiqua Connie will discuss the pre-engineering program and its pathways.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19: HFC Career Services Coach Jessica Miller will discuss how to apply for an internship or a co-op.
- Monday, Oct. 24: HFC counselor Amy Ducklow will speak about time management and coping skills for anxiety.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26: HFC Academic Advisor Charles Jackson will discuss planning your courses and understanding your progress.
- Monday, Oct. 31: HFC manufacturing instructor Joe Zarka will discuss HFC’s Machine Technology Tool (MTT) program.
- Wednesday, Nov. 2: Representatives from the AJM Packaging Corp. in Bloomfield Hills will discuss career opportunities.
- Monday, Nov. 7: HFC English instructor Chelsea Lonsdale will discuss services offered at the HFC Writing Center.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9: TBA
- Monday, Nov. 14: TBA
- Wednesday, Nov. 16: TBA
For questions or more information, contact email@example.com.