Fifty-One O One reopens Wednesday, Feb. 5
Fifty-One O One – HFC’s student-run restaurant in the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Bldg. M on the main campus) – will open for the Winter 2020 Semester on Wednesday, Feb. 5, at 11:30 a.m.
The Culinary Wellness Café (formerly known as the Food Truck), offers a great lunch option just outside the restaurant, inside the Skylight Café. The Culinary Wellness Café will also reopen Feb. 5, offering $5.30 lunch take-out options on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Online ordering will be available.
What is Fifty-One O One?
Considered one of Southeast Michigan’s hidden gems, Fifty-One O One offers gourmet dining at affordable prices. The full-service, public restaurant is entirely run by students in HFC’s Culinary Arts program who are supervised by licensed chef instructors.
To find Fifty-One O One, look for Building M on our HFC Campus Map. We are at 5101 Evergreen Road in Dearborn. Free public parking is available near the building on our campus. Enter campus through the central of the three Evergreen entrances (there is a sign near this entrance). Come to Building M, and follow the signage.
All entrees include one “share” item, soup, or salad served before or with the main course.
The entrees for the Winter 2020 semester include:
• Lamb Ragu: Pappardelle, fennel, mint ($12.95)
• Chicken Pot Pie: Puff pastry, glazed vegetables, confit potatoes, sauce supreme ($12.95)
• Grilled Quail: Frisée salad, chanterelle stuffing, ginger bread, kumquat-brandy compote ($13.95)
• Wood-Roasted Filet: Mushrooms, fried potatoes, herb salad, Bordelaise sauce ($14.95)
• Everything from a Rabbit: Stuffed leg, bacon-wrapped loin, mustard, potatoes ($13.95)
• King Crab Agnolotti: Crab-filled pasta, shrimp, fennel, uni emulsion ($14.95)
• Black Bass: Crispy skin, smoked garlic, red quinoa, bourbon saffron broth ($14.95)
• Surf and Turf: Roasted monkfish, braised oxtails, root vegetables, chanterelles ($17.95)
Soups, Salads, and Sandwiches
Salads and sandwiches include a cup of soup or you can substitute a “shareable” item for an additional $1.50. The soups and sandwiches for the Winter 2020 semester include:
• French Onion Soup: Caramelized onions, baguette, gruyere ($3.95)
• Recovery Park Green Salad: Frisée, radicchio, maple walnuts, pomegranate, sage, champagne vinaigrette ($6.95)
• Sunchoke and Smoked Whitefish Salad: Roasted sunchokes, apples, almonds, spicy greens ($6.95)
• Roasted Beet and Pastrami Salad: Red, golden, and candy-striped beets, smoked pastrami, ricotta, rye crumble, and cured egg yolk ($7.95)
• Kale and Quinoa Salad: Lacinato kale, carrots, shaved maitake, fresh herbs ($6.95)
• Mushroom Flatbread: Roasted mushrooms, fontina cheese, truffle oil ($8.95)
• Smoked Pork Baguette: Broccoli rabe, caramelized mushrooms, fennels, onions, roasted peppers. Served with sweet potato wedges ($8.95)
• 5101 Burger: 6-oz ground chuck, sharp white cheddar, house bacon, shredded lettuce, tomato jam. Served with sweet potato wedges ($9.95)
Listed below are the items to share for the Winter 2020 Semester:
• Roasted Mushrooms and Polenta: King trumpet mushrooms, creamy polenta ($5.95)
• Friend Fingerling Potatoes: Duck fat-fried potatoes, preserved lemons, black olives, sage ($5.25)
• Wood-Roasted Rainbow Carrots: Wood-rusted rainbow carrots, vadouvan, labneh ($5.25)
• Kabocha Squash: Roasted pears, parmigiana Reggiano, pumpkin seeds, whipped ricotta ($5.25)
• Root Vegetable Risotto: Carrots, celery root, parsnip, mushrooms ($5.95)
• Sausage and Beans: Chicken sausage, Tuscan kale, bacon, herbed breadcrumbs ($6.25)
Beer and Wine
A broad variety of beer and wine options are available for purchase by patrons over 21 years of age. Soft drinks are always available.
Hours of Operation
Fifty-One O One’s hours for the Winter 2020 Semester:
• Lunch Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
• Dinner Hours: 6:00 to 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday
Fifty-One O One will be closed on the following dates during the Winter 2020 Semester:
• Tuesday, March 10 (Spring Break)
• Wednesday, March 11 (Spring Break)
• Thursday, March 12 (Spring Break)
Reservations are recommended and are helpful. To make reservations, or for further information, call (313) 206-5101.