About Our Program
Do you love to cook and receive the instant appreciation and genuine reactions from your guests? Will you lead the industry with the best sustainable practices, the next trend in cuisine or the steadiness of a businessperson? As a chef, how will you compete in this fast-paced career? As a restaurateur, caterer, executive, or educator?
Begin your journey or energize your career with a Culinary Arts credential from HFC and get on track to cook and serve the food and beverages that customers want. As a cook, sous chef, or executive chef, you have the opportunity to use your energy, attention to detail and artistry in places like hotels, restaurants, bistros, casinos, resorts and catering venues. At HFC, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create classic and contemporary dishes and meals in our production-based hands-on classes starting in your first semester;
- Learn the basics of baking, nutrition, menu development, food safety and cost control;
- Develop business and communications skills by participating in the operations of a full-service restaurant, quick service café and campus catering operations;
- Prepare appetizers and entrees including steaks, poultry, fresh fish, pastas and salads for the Fifty-One-O-One student-run restaurant, Culinary Wellness cafe and special events; and
- Gain on-the-job experience and put your knowledge into action with a paid internship at one of many local employers including gourmet markets, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, schools, and catering venues.
Begin today with a skills certificate and Serv-Safe food safety certification, complete an American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF)- accredited associate degree and Certified Culinarian certification and then finish with the Bachelor of Science degree, all at HFC without the hassle of transfer, loss of credits, travel or paid parking associated with other more costly education and training options.
Stack Your Certificates & Degrees
Take 18 credits to graduate with:
- Culinary Skills Certificate
- ServSafe® Food Safety Certification
Take additional 53 credits to graduate with:
- Culinary Arts Associate Degree
- ServSafe® Alcohol Certification
- ACF Certified Culinarian
- Internship experience
Take additional 16 credits to graduate with:
- Hotel/Restaurant Management Associate Degree
Take additional 33 credits to graduate with:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree
- Additional Internship experience
- Business, Arts + Sciences Core