Are you a high school student looking to get a head start in your college coursework? Is there a course you are interested in that is not offered by your high school? Henry Ford College offers many opportunities to help high school students accelerate their education. Note: In most cases, students must be academically dedicated and willing to attend school full-time to achieve their goals through these programs.
Dual Enrollment - For Any Career
Henry Ford Collegiate Academy
A high school diploma + free college degree in 5 years
Students attending Dearborn Public Schools can earn both a high school diploma and an associate degree in only five years at no cost to parents or students through the Henry Ford Collegiate Academy (HFCA). The HFCA allows students to enter the program during their junior year of high school. Normally, a high school diploma and a college diploma would take at least 6 years (4 high school + 2 college). For more information, visit the HFCA website.
Henry Ford Early College - For Health Careers
Henry Ford Early College (HFEC) is a five-year program that allows students to complete high school and up to two years of college credit(s) in preparation for a career in health care. Students begin as a high school freshman and may be eligible for employment in the Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) upon graduation. For more information, visit the HFEC website.
Henry Ford Middle College Trade School
Henry Ford Middle College Trade School (HFC MTS), builds upon our collective learning experiences in technical skills training and work-based education, develops secondary education students skills in advanced industry sectors forecasted with high-growth, high-demand occupations. Additionally, our partners will prepare students for 3rd party industry-credentialing assessments, state licensure, or a journeyman card. This will validate students' knowledge and skills to perform industry-related, job-specific tasks.
Henry Ford College Trade School offers the following programs:
- Machine Tool Technology/CNC
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Computer Information Systems - Cybersecurity
- Computer Automated Design (CAD)
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Multi-Skilled Manufacturing Maintenance (Mechatronics)
- Civil Engineering Technology
Certificate and introductory courses:
- Machine Tool Technology/CNC Certificate of Achievement
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Certificate of Achievement
- Computer Information Systems - Cybersecurity Certificate of Achievement
- Mobile Application Developer Certificate of Achievement
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate of Achievement
- Medical Assistant Certificate of Achievement
- Drone Technology (Design and Programming)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Product Design
Secondary Partnerships - For Career and Technical credit
Students who successfully complete a Career Technical Education (CTE) program at one of our partner high schools are eligible to apply for free college transfer credits within three years of their graduation date. View application and instructions.
Advanced Placement - College and High School credits
The Advanced Placement (AP) program provides high school seniors the opportunity to earn both college and high school credits by taking college-level courses in a high school setting. If you are applying to HFC and wish to receive credits for AP courses taken in high school, follow the instructions here.