What do Academic Advisors do?
Academic Advisors are assigned based on your program of study and are available by appointment and on a limited drop-in basis. New students are encouraged to meet with an advisor before beginning their academic journey.
From your first class through graduation, Academic Advisors can help you:
- Select the right program for your future goals
- Map your full academic plan
- Stay on track for graduation by picking the right courses
- Support your post-graduation transfer plans
- Connect you with campus resources
- Support you in resolving issues that affect your academic success
You can schedule an appointment below to be connected with an Academic Advisor based on your current program or program of interest.
Academic Advising Team
Which Advisor can help with my program?
|Program Area||Assigned Advisors|
|Computer Technology||Amal Qureshi
|Criminal Justice||Rachel VanZutphen
|Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management||Amal Qureshi
|Detroit Promise Students||Elyse Hogan|
|English Language Learners||Rachael Chatfield|
|Health Careers||Cynthia Smith
|Human Services and Fitness Leadership||Cynthia Smith
|Industrial Arts and Skilled Trades||Rachel VanZutphen
|Liberal Arts (all concentrations) and General Studies||Beth Michel
|Visual, Performing and Media Arts||Chari Milai|