HR’s Employee Benefits Fair sets a high standard of engagement
“We had a good, steady flow of employees visiting the fair,” said HFC HR Benefits Manager Tiffany Webster. “This is the first fair we’ve had post-pandemic. I’m looking forward to making this an annual event again.”
During the 4-hour event, employees learned about the benefit offerings from the College, had the opportunity to get flu and COVID-19 vaccines, experienced the soothing relaxation of chair massages, and de-stressed with therapy dogs Tango, Maui, and Amelia. For many, the therapy dogs were the stars of the show.
The raffle winners for the 2023 Benefits Fair were:
- CALM box of goodies: HFC Mail Clerk Teresa Martinez
- Delta Dental electric toothbrush: HFC Division Assistant, Enrollment Services Nancy Knick
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) YETI mug: HFC math instructor Larry Smyrski
- BCBSM YETI mug: HFC Student Support Associate, Enrollment Services Lakita Eboh
- The Pool YETI mug: HFC Research Analyst Bridget Smith-Botos
- $25 Amazon gift card: HFC Assistant Director, Financial Aid Stephanie Latzke
- $25 Petco gift card: HFC Applications System Analyst Guy Lotowicz
- UNUM Raffle Winner – $25 Amazon gift card: HFC Student Support Professional, Enrollment Services Michelle Hill
- Cary Siegel’s book Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School?: HFC math instructor Dr. Rama Chidambaram
- The Weight Watchers Personal Points Cookbook: HFC Financial Aid Associate Taryn Ross
“I thought this was a great event. I loved the therapy dogs. The dogs were my primary motivation for attending the fair,” said Smith-Botos. “However, I also had the opportunity to speak with reps for both our health insurance and dental insurance. I understand our coverage options a lot more than I would have by just reading the documents we receive.”
Employees who have not claimed their raffle prizes should contact Webster at 313-845-9692 or email@example.com.