Culinary Wellness Café is open for lunch
Formerly known as the Food Truck, HFC’s Culinary Wellness Café will reopen on Wednesday, September 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. It will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays until December 6.
Inside the Skylight Café and just outside Fifty-One O One restaurant in the John McDonald Student & Culinary Arts Center (Building M on the main campus), the Culinary Wellness Café offers great lunch options at $6 for a meal and one side dish. Additional sides are $3. The menu rotates weekly. Halal options are available.
Meals and sides
Sept. 20 and 21 meal options include:
- Combo 1: Mac & Cheese – Barilla pasta macaroni and cheese with broccoli
- Combo 2: Unfriend Chicken – Yogurt-dipped leg and thigh, oven-roasted with 12 herbs and spices served over locally grown greens
- Combo 3: Side Combo – Your choice of three sides
Visit the Cafe website for a listing of which options are available each week.
The side dishes include:
- Smashed redskin potatoes with gravy
- Braised greens
- Mac & cheese with broccoli
- Chili con halal carne
The Culinary Wellness Café offers call-ahead ordering services through Fifty-One O One student-run restaurant. For questions or more information, call 313-206-5101.