President Kavalhuna joins Mayor-Elect Hammoud’s mayoral transition team
“It is an honor and a privilege to be asked to join Mayor-Elect Hammoud’s transition team. These are historic times in Dearborn, and I’m excited to be a part of them as we lead the city into a new era,” said Kavalhuna, who has been president of HFC since 2018. He is no stranger to public service, having been appointed to boards or committees for Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services, Bureau of Services for Blind Persons, Michigan Workforce Development Board, Michigan Aeronautics Commission, and is a consultant on education for Governor Whitmer.
About the mayoral transition team
Hammoud says the transition team's mission is to set the roadmap for his new administration to deliver accountable, transparent government for all Dearborn residents. He will look to the team to provide guidance and recommendations about issues facing the city. They will also help identify talented individuals who have a passion for public service.
Hammoud is proud to have a diverse set of team members who reflect the population of Dearborn. The transition team will help him decide about key staffing decisions and provide input on policy, and will identify important items to help the new administration operate efficiently and provide quality services. The team's work will be essential to creating a smooth transition for the new mayor and his team who will seek to serve residents and improve quality of life throughout the city. See his full bio here.
Transition team members
Mayor-elect Hammoud has assembled an accomplished team of experienced professionals to assist with this task.
Transition team chair:
- Marianne Udow-Phillips, principal of Mu Consulting, senior advisor to the Center for Health and Research Transformation (CHRT) at the University of Michigan, and a faculty member at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and the Ford Public Policy School.
Transition team members:
- Salah Ali, Board Member, Michigan League of Conservation Voters Education Fund
- Eman Ali-Ahmed, Principal, Salina Intermediate School
- Zenna F. Elhasan, General Counsel, The Kresge Foundation
- Stephanie Fries, Government Relations, Ford Motor Company
- Russell A. Kavalhuna, President, Henry Ford College
- Jaqueline Nash, Director of Patient Access, Beaumont Dearborn
- Bernie Ricke, President, UAW Local 600
- Assad Turfe, Chief of Staff, Wayne County Executive Office
“I could not be more excited about the team of highly skilled individuals we are assembling whose professional accomplishments are only outweighed by their commitment to our city and public service,” said Hammoud, who will become Dearborn’s first Arab American mayor in January 2022. “Comprising eight diverse members, this group will bring unique expertise and thought leadership to the table that helps us set the course for the city.”