HFC’s Fifty-One O One Restaurant opens Sept. 22
As of Wednesday, Sept. 22, Fifty-One O One, HFC’s student-run on-campus restaurant, will open for the Fall 2021 Semester. This is the first time the restaurant has been able to open since March 2020.
Fifty-One O One is a place where members of the community can come together, enjoy a good meal, and help students learn about working successfully in the food service industry at the same time.
“The more guests we have, the more learning takes place. In short: ‘you eat, we learn,’” said Lauren Wallace, maître d'hôtel for the restaurant.
The restaurant’s hours for Fall 2021 are:
- Tuesdays, lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays, lunch and dinner: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and 5:30 to 7:45 p.m.
- Thursdays, lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Sampling a variety of cuisine options, prepared with local ingredients
Guests will have the opportunity to try delightful seasonal dishes created by HFC’s chef de cuisine Joseph E. Cosenza. The menu changes frequently because the produce is used at the peak of its freshness and is sourced locally wherever possible.
The opening menu features fresh seasonal vegetables in dishes such as Michigan Heirloom Tomato Salad, Michigan Baby Green Salad, Creamed Michigan Sweet Corn, and house-made Neapolitan style pizzas. Vegetables can also be found accompanying locally sourced meats on entrées such as Mushroom and Potato Agnolotti, Lavender Glazed Duck Breast, and Zucchini Wrapped Halibut.
The menu also includes appetizers, specialty salads and sandwiches, soups, and desserts. As the weeks progress, updated menu information will be found on the restaurant’s website.
Prices are very reasonable. Beer and wine are available to patrons 21 and older.
Along with its 3-day-per-week service, Fifty-One O One will host special events and buffets throughout the semester, including:
- The Oktoberfest Buffet on Wednesday, Oct. 20
- The Scholarship Dinner on Saturday, Nov. 6
- The Holiday Buffet on Wednesday, Nov. 17
- The Holiday Bake Sale on Monday, Nov. 23, and Tuesday, Nov. 24
Ensuring a safe dining experience
While restaurant staff is confident they can maintain a safe dining experience for guests, they are asking for everyone’s help to ensure a safe and enjoyable dining experience. Fifty-One O One and guests will continue to adhere to all College campus guidelines.
- Guests will be required to wear a facemask until seated at their table.
- Before coming to campus, please complete HFC’s required guest health screening form. We will ask to see your green check mark. Forms for employees and students are here.
- When you arrive, please park in the Campus Safety lot or adjacent faculty lots.
- Guests should notify Campus Safety that they are dining at Fifty-One O One.
Reservations and carry-out
Reservations are recommended. To make reservations, to place a carryout order, or for questions or more information, call 313-206-5101.