Message to campus, March 23, 11:30 a.m.
Dear Students and Colleagues,
Governor Whitmer just issued a remain-at-home order for the State of Michigan. The order means that people should only leave their homes for essential reasons for at least the next three weeks. The Governor’s order is attached to this message and will be linked from the HFC coronavirus website.
Henry Ford College will continue our operations remotely during this time:
- Online classes are active as of today, and will continue. Our Winter Operations website specifies which courses are online, and which classes are postponed. If you need help, let us know. Resources are on that website.
- To employees who are on campus now: while the order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow morning, you are permitted to return home now, if you wish. If you are leaving work early today, please contact your supervisor to let them know.
- Beginning tomorrow, all employees whose jobs can be performed remotely should work from home. Your supervisor will work with you to develop a workplan and will determine how your team will communicate during the coming weeks. If you and your supervisor are currently evaluating this process, please continue working with your supervisor to plan any work you can complete from home. Supervisors: please work with your staff to contemplate and plan any work that can occur from home.
- Your leaders are finalizing a plan for employees who are not able to work remotely.
- Specific employees will need to continue to report to campus to keep our campus secure and to attend to facilities issues. If you are one of these employees, your supervisor will reach out to you by tomorrow with further details.
- If you are unable to remain on campus throughout the workday today, please work with your supervisor to arrange leave time for the rest of the day.
I will provide more details later today about our continued operations.
Please exercise patience with your leaders and with each other. Together, we have changed college operations almost completely in roughly one week. Our environment continues to change daily. All of you are doing your best to respond to this, and I see that. I am grateful for that.
I will communicate with you as soon as I have more details to share.