Notice: This article is more than one year old and is part of the Henry Ford College news archive. Information in the article may be outdated. For the most current news and information about Henry Ford College, please visit, or contact
Release Date: 
Friday, October 18, 2019

Need money for college? Consider a Perkins grant

students gathered around a computer

Perkins Grants are distributed to students throughout the fall and winter semesters. Students who are interested in Perkins Grants should visit the office of Student Outreach and Support in Rm. 125 of the Learning Success Center (Bldg. A) on the main campus.

To complete an application for a Perkins Grant, students must:
* Be a current HFC student
* Have a Pell Grant
* Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher

Perkins Grants may be used for anything that will help you reach your educational goals. This includes:
* Tuition and fees
* Books
* Car repairs
* Car insurance
* Child care
* Other living expenses

For questions or more information, contact Dr. Brenda Hildreth at 313-845-9629 or