Fifty-One O One reopens Wednesday, Sept. 18
Fifty-One O One – HFC's student-run restaurant, located in the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Bldg. M on the main campus) – will open for the Fall 2019 Semester on Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 11:30 a.m.
Considered one of Dearborn's hidden gems, Fifty-One O One offers gourmet dining at affordable prices. The restaurant is 100 percent run by students in HFC's Culinary Arts program who are mentored by chef instructors.
All entrees include one "share" item, soup, or salad served before or with the main course.
- Shrimp Chitarra: chitarra pasta, heirloom tomatoes, cream ($12.95)
- Butternut Squash Tortellini: sage, pumpkin seeds, brown butter ($10.95)
- Seared Scallops: scallops, summer chowder, baby corn, oyster crackers ($14.95)
- Pan-roasted Merluza: brussel sprouts, bacon, parsnips ($11.95)
- Rotisserie Roasted Duck: peaches, fennel, lavender ($14.95)
- Wood-roasted Strip Steak: mushrooms, fried potatoes, herb salad, and Bordelaise sauce ($15.95)
- Smoked Lamb Loin: roasted saddle, cranberry beans, yogurt ($16.95)
- Roasted Chicken: crispy skin breast, corn, chanterelles, farro ($13.95)
Soups, Salads, & Sandwiches
Sandwiches and salads include a cup of soup. You can substitute one "share" item for an additional $1.50.
- Soup of the Day: daily selection of market vegetable soup ($3.95)
- Michigan Baby Greens: roasted peaches, spiced pecans, house ricotta ($7.95)
- Roasted Beet and Watermelon Salad: peppered feta, mint, Kalamata olives ($8.95)
- Heirloom Tomato Salad: avocado, basil, hearts of palm, saba ($8.95)
- Five Bean Salad: heirloom beans, breakfast radish, tonnato, grilled cornbread, bean mousse ($8.25)
- Grilled Vegetable Flatbread: marinated summer vegetables, chevre, and herb oil ($8.25)
- Cuban Sandwich: mojo-roasted pork shoulder, Swiss cheese, ham, housemade pickles. Served with chili-dusted sweet potato wedges ($9.95)
- 5101 Burger: 6-oz ground chuck, sharp white cheddar, house bacon, shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced tomato. Served with chili-dusted sweet potato wedges ($10.95)
- Butter-braised Radishes: bacon, shallot, sorrel ($6.95)
- Creamed Michigan Sweet Corn: lime, smoked cheddar, chiles ($6.95)
- Fried Potatoes: cucumber, mint, pine nuts, black olive caramel ($6.95)
- Wood-roasted Mushrooms: spicy greens, sunflower seeds, miso butter ($7.95)
- Confit of Fairy Tale Eggplant: yogurt, black garlic, chiles, herbs ($7.25)
- Oven-roasted Zucchini: zucchini, squash, sauce vierge ($7.95)
Hours of Operation
The restaurant's hours during the Fall 2019 Semester are:
- Lunch hours are 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Dinner hours are 6:00 to 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
Fifty-One O One will be closed on the following dates during the Fall 2019 Semester:
- Thursday, Nov. 21
- Thursday, Nov. 28
Reservations are requested. To make reservations and/or for further information, call 313-206-5101.