The Academic Advising team at HFCC assists students in achieving academic success. We aim to provide accurate information and support to ensure that academic goals are met.
- Ensuring students have an advisor who will serve as a resource from which they can draw advice, information, and accurate referrals on policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Providing students with accurate and comprehensive academic advice designed to help them meet their educational goals.
- Teaching students the appropriate steps to self-advocacy.
- Encouraging students to establish positive relationships with faculty, staff, and other employees at HFCC.
- Promoting student involvement in on-campus, co-curricular experiences that will help develop interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Promoting student involvement in off-campus, experiential-learning opportunities to help explore and clarify career options.
- Actively encouraging student retention, academic achievement and program completion.
Contact an Advisor
Phone: (313) 317-6845 Fax: (313) 317-6851
Academic Advising is located in the Welcome Center (Main Campus).
Fall and Winter Semesters: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Spring and Summer Semesters: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.