The Academic Advising team at HFC assists students in achieving academic success. We aim to provide accurate information and support to ensure that academic goals are met.
- Ensuring students have an advisor who will serve as a resource from which they can draw advice, information, and accurate referrals on policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Providing students with accurate and comprehensive academic advice designed to help them meet their educational goals.
- Teaching students the appropriate steps to self-advocacy.
- Encouraging students to establish positive relationships with faculty, staff, and other employees at HFC.
- Promoting student involvement in on-campus, co-curricular experiences that will help develop interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Promoting student involvement in off-campus, experiential-learning opportunities to help explore and clarify career options.
- Actively encouraging student retention, academic achievement and program completion.
Contact an Advisor
NEW STUDENTS are assigned to advisors located in the Welcome Center (Main Campus). Advising hours are Monday -Thursday from 8am-6:30pm and Friday from 8am-4:30pm, year round. Students are seen on a walk-in basis. Phone: (313) 317-6845
CURRENT/RETURNING students are assigned to advisors and counselors who are located in the Learning Resources Center/Student Success Center, room LRC-117. Fall and Winter semester hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am - 6:30pm and Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm; Spring and Summer semester hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am - 6:30pm. Phone: (313) 845-9611.