The Academic Advising team at HFC assists students in achieving academic success. We aim to provide accurate information and support to ensure that academic goals are met.
- Ensuring students have an advisor who will serve as a resource from which they can draw advice, information, and accurate referrals on policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Providing students with accurate and comprehensive academic advice designed to help them meet their educational goals.
- Teaching students the appropriate steps to self-advocacy.
- Encouraging students to establish positive relationships with faculty, staff, and other employees at HFC.
- Promoting student involvement in on-campus, co-curricular experiences that will help develop interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Promoting student involvement in off-campus, experiential-learning opportunities to help explore and clarify career options.
- Actively encouraging student retention, academic achievement and program completion.
Contact an Advisor
NEW STUDENTS are assigned to advisors located in the Welcome Center (Main Campus).
CURRENT/RETURNING students are assigned to advisors and counselors who are located in the Learning Success Center, Building A. For contact information and hours of operation, visit https://www.hfcc.edu/about-us/hours