Help Locating High School Transcripts

HFC only accepts official transcripts, which are those academic records mailed from institution to institution and are not handled by the student.

HFC requires official documents that prove you meet admission requirements. Transcripts you submit yourself are NOT official transcripts (even if they are in a sealed envelope). Only transcripts sent directly from the school, educational institution or agency will be accepted. The transcript request form can help you when asking your school, educational institution or agency to send HFC official transcripts.

Local Schools

Closed or Unavailable Schools

  • Search online: You may be able to locate the institution that is keeping transcript records on behalf of the closed school by searching online.
    • For example: Inkster High School (IHS) transcripts are now held by the Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency (Wayne RESA). To request IHS transcripts, complete the RESA Transcript Request Form.
  • Check with an original authorizer: Charter schools and public school academies may have an original authorizer of the school. For example: Charlotte Forten Academy closed in 2008, but Wayne RESA holds the student records.
  • Catholic school graduates: Check with the diocese or archdiocese in which the school operated. For example: Records for closed Catholic schools in Detroit are held by the Archdiocese of Detroit.
  • Board of Education office: You may also try contacting the Board of Education office for the district in which you attended high school.