Join your Student Council: key leadership roles are open
Your HFC Student Council welcomes you to the Fall semester!
The Council serves as a representative body for all students. It links students to faculty, staff, and administration, and the broader community. Its purpose is to advocate for students' concerns and suggestions in an organized and effective way.
For the current semester, the Council meets every other Thursday until December 7 in the Hawks’ Nest (Room L-138) of the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services & Conference Center (ASCC) (Building L) on the main campus.
Looking for new members
The Council is looking for officers and representatives to help ensure continuing leadership. Joining the Council offers YOU a leadership opportunity to collaborate and network with your peers, forge meaningful relationships, and establish a sense of camaraderie.
This academic year, the Council is seeking to fill the Vice Chair, Secretary, and several Representative positions.
To apply, all candidates:
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Must have completed at least 12 credit hours.
- Cannot be a member of the HFC Board of Trustees, the Alumni Association, the Foundation, or The Mirror News.
Duties of the Vice Chair, Secretary, and Representative
The duties for each position:
- Vice Chair: Runs meetings in the Chair’s absence, oversees subcommittee(s), checks voicemail at least two times per week, and represents the Council at events and monthly student club meetings.
- Secretary: Records and maintains minutes of every meeting and public forum, emails minutes to the entire Council membership within two days of the meeting, files agendas and minutes in the Council office, maintains and updates Council membership contact list, and maintains attendance record of meetings.
- Representative: Regularly attends and assists with meetings and public forums, represents the Council at various College functions (including Welcome Back Days), and promotes and encourages student participation in both Council activities and College committees.
In addition to specific duties, all positions must attend College Committee meetings, fulfill office hours, and attend regularly scheduled Council meetings.
The positions come with a stipend that is paid at the end of the semester for officers who fulfill the requirements.
“You must be committed and give your best effort,” said HFC Student Activities Officer Cassandra Fluker.
Apply today to make a difference
For questions or more information about the Council, contact email@example.com or our Instagram page (@Hfcstudentcouncil). Please allow up to 24 hours for a reply.