HFC Fifty-One O One Restaurant opens February 1
Effective Wednesday, Feb. 1, Fifty-One O One, HFC’s student-run restaurant, will open for the Winter 2023 semester.
- Tuesdays: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (lunch)
- Wednesdays: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (lunch) and 5:30 to 7:45 p.m. (dinner)
- Thursdays: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (lunch)
Fresh salads include:
- Michigan Baby Greens Salad
- Roasted Beet and Pastrami Salad
- Salad Lyonnaise
- Winter Endive and Fruit Salad
Fresh vegetables include:
- Kabocha Squash: Roasted pears, Parmigiano Reggiano, pumpkin seeds, whipped ricotta
- Dashi Braised Trumpet Mushrooms: Delicata squash, tomatillo, pumpkin seeds
- Roasted Broccoli: Parmesan, lemon, lardo
- Sweet Potato Mille-Feuille: Compressed Asian pears, caramelized onion jus, creamed spinach
The Neapolitan style pizzas include:
- The Emilia Classic: Mozzarella and classic tomato sauce
- The Peppy: Mozzarella, pepperoni, and classic tomato sauce
- 5101 Sausage: Homemade Italian sausage, roasted peppers, roasted onions, classic tomato sauce
- Mushroom Ragu: Roasted mushrooms, arugula, truffle
- Butternut Squash: Roasted squash, bacon, caramelized onions
- Tagliatellee Bolognese: Beef, white wine pasta, heirloom tomatoes, and preserved lemon
- Braised Short Ribs: Root vegetable risotto, king trumpet mushrooms, red wine jus
- Miso Glazed Sablefish: Shrimp dumpling, bok choy, mushroom consommé
- Roasted Black Bass: Crispy skin, smoked garlic, red quinoa, bourbon saffron broth
- Butternut Squash Tortellini: Butternut squash filled pasta, dates, almonds, brown butter
- Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb: Braised shank, caramelized apples, lentils
Entrees include either a vegetable, salad, or soup before or with the meal.
The menu also includes appetizers, specialty salads and sandwiches (including the famous 5101 Burger), soups, and desserts. As the weeks progress, updated menu information will be found on the 5101 website.
Prices are reasonable. Beer and wine are available to patrons 21 and older.
Upcoming special events
Along with its 3-day-per-week services, Fifty-One O One will host special events and buffets throughout the semester, including:
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Shrimp & Soul Seafood Buffet
- Wednesday, March 15: St. Patrick’s Day Buffet
- Wednesday, April 5, to Thursday, April 6: Bake Sale
- Saturday, April 15: Scholarship Dinner
Parking is free. When arriving, please park in the Campus Safety lot or adjacent faculty lots. Also, you should notify Campus Safety that you are dining at Fifty-One O One.
Reservations are recommended. To make reservations, to place a carryout order, or for questions and/or more information, call 313-206-5101.