HFC and UM-Dearborn invite you to MLK Peace Rally Jan. 20
In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, an MLK Peace Rally will be held on Thursday, Jan. 20, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Please note this event is on Thursday, not MLK Day, so that individuals can participate in the MLK Day of Service on MLK Day
Participants will meet at the University of Michigan-Dearborn University Center, 4901 Evergreen Rd. Participants will walk across the UM-Dearborn campus and onto the HFC campus, ending at the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services and Conference Center (ASCC) (Building L).
Senator Santana, Dr. Harvell, and VP Diamond will speak
The rally will end in the Rosenau Rooms on the first floor of the ASCC. The following people will speak:
- State Senator Sylvia Santana
- HFC Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Holly Diamond
- Keynote: HFC Sociology Professor Dr. Kalvin DaRonne Harvell
Registration and health screening are required
- Participants will be required to wear a face mask throughout this entire event, including the walk.
- On the day of the event, participants must use your mobile device to pre-complete the health screening forms for both the HFC campus and the UM-Dearborn campus. You must bring both authorizations (green check marks) with you to the rally.
Refreshments will be provided during the speaking portion of the rally at HFC.