ReBUILDetroit presents “Solidarity Over Surveillance” Part 1 on Jan. 28
Social justice advocate/youth advocate/author Tawana “Honeycomb” Petty will host “Solidarity Over Surveillance” Part 1 on Thursday, Jan. 28, from 12:45 to 2:15 p.m. on Zoom.
Cameras on every corner, in every store, in places where you have no idea they are lurking. This webinar event will explore the following:
• The impact of surveillance on social justice
• What is happening in Detroit in terms of surveillance and civil rights
• Understanding how race, class, and gender are inputs to policies regarding surveillance and the history of these policies
• Knowledge about current surveillance technologies under development
• Increasing your ability to engage and discuss issues around surveillance as it relates to social justice
This event is sponsored by ReBUILDetroit, which is part of a consortium comprised of the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM) and Wayne State University with HFC serving as its pipeline partner. Two Learning Committees have joined resources to provide this event to all three educational institutions. You must register to attend this free event.
For questions or more information, contact Dr. Jahzara D.E. Mayes of ReBUILDetroit at firstname.lastname@example.org.