Gift of Reading donations needed by Dec. 6
T his year marks 30 years of the Gift of Reading campaign. For three decades, we have asked for your donation of children's books and monetary contributions to HFCC-FT Local 1650's annual Gift of Reading Campaign. Union members and the HFC campus community make donations directly to Focus: HOPE in Detroit, particularly for use in its Center for Children and for distribution to children of families who participate in various Focus: HOPE programs.
Donations must be new, unwrapped books suitable for children of all ages (the children on-site range from infancy to age 5). Please make your contributions by Friday, Dec. 6, to any of the following committee members:
- Tessa Betts, Office: B-106C in the Eshleman Library (Bldg. B); Mailbox: B-106
- Sophia Beydoun, Office: SN-124Q, School of Nursing (Bldg. SN on the East Campus)
- Linda Brandt, Office: J-114J, Science Building (Bldg. J), Mailbox: J-108
- Rama Chidambaram, Office: G-103H, Health Science Education Center (Bldg. G)
- Betsy Cohn, Office: N-214, Campus Safety (Bldg. N); Mailbox: K-262
- Angela Hathikhanavala, Office: K-209, Reuther Liberal Arts Building (Bldg. K); Mailbox: K-262
- Bonnie Jobe, Office: H-208, Athletic Memorial Building (Bldg. H); Mailbox: H-8
- Peter Kim, Office: N-204, Campus Safety (Bldg. N); Mailbox: K-262
- Betty Richards, Office: N-201, Campus Safety (Bldg. N)
- Chad Richert, Office: E-115C, Technology Building (Bldg. E)
- John Rietz, Office: K-207, Reuther Liberal Arts Building (Bldg. K); Mailbox: K-262
- Tracie Varitek, English, Office: N-202, Campus Safety (Bldg. N); Mailbox: K-262
If you prefer to donate money, please make your check payable to HFCC-FT 1650 with "Focus: HOPE" written in the memo.
Local 1650’s Gift of Reading campaign has provided new books to thousands of disadvantaged Michigan children since 1989. In 2018, HFCC faculty and Local 1650 donated $500 and almost 400 books to Focus: HOPE! Please contribute again this year, so we can make the 30th anniversary the most generous yet! Remember that the gift of reading lasts a lifetime, so place it high on your list this holiday season.
For questions or more information, contact email@example.com.