Imagine the Possibilities: Non-Traditional Careers in Technology, Oct. 24
HFC will host “Non-Traditional Careers in Technology: Imagine the Possibilities” Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This annual event takes place in the Ghafari Conference Room (Rm. E-123) in the Patterson Technology Building (Building E), located on the main campus.
What is a non-traditional career? It can be a career that you might not typically think of when you hear the term “careers in technology.” Or, it could refer to an underrepresented person in a technology-related career, such as a person with a disability, a person of color, or a woman in a particular field.
Technology careers at HFC are open to anyone; and everyone is welcome at this event, regardless of race, gender, physical ability, or other factors. We invite the public to imagine the possibilities for technology careers.
The HFC Student Outreach and Support (SOS) Office coordinates this event. The event schedule includes presentations and discussions led by HFC faculty members:
• 7:30 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
• 8:00 a.m.: Welcome – Diane Green and Dr. Brenda Hildreth, HFC SOS
• 8:15 a.m.: Energy Technology: Jim Elmer
• 8:15 a.m.: Electrical Technology: Mark Siedlik
• 9:00 a.m.: Criminal Justice: Dan Kearney
• 9:30 a.m.: Machine Tool Technology/CNC: Guy Pizzino
• 10:00 a.m.: Hospitality: Eric Gackenbach
• 10:30 a.m.: Career Services Center: Chad Austin
• 11:00 a.m.: Architecture/Construction Technology (ACT): Chad Richert
• 11:30 a.m.: Computer Information Systems (CIS): Dr. Marrci Conner
• Noon: Industrial Drafting/CAD: Roger Weekes
• 12:30 p.m.: Lunch and Prizes
Admission is free, as are breakfast and lunch. Pre-registration is requested. For questions, information, or to register, please contact Green at 313-845-9748 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Brenda Redinger at 313-845-9617 or email@example.com.