HFC Blood Drive Sept. 24-25
The American Red Cross will sponsor a blood drive at HFC in Room M-119 in the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Bldg. M), and everyone is encouraged to participate:
- Monday, Sept. 24, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, from noon to 6:00 p.m.
Unexpected effects from Hurricane Florence
• Hurricane Florence has already forced the cancellation of dozens of American Red Cross blood drives in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia resulting in thousands of blood and platelet donations to go uncollected.
• Additional blood drive cancellations are still possible in the Southeast as flooding and power outages are expected to affect many areas.
• We are counting on donors in unaffected areas to help ensure we have enough blood products to support patient needs.
• Your blood drive will support the needs now to help replenish the blood supply.
Appointments recommended, but walk-ins also welcome
Walk-ins are welcome as space permits. Appointments are given priority. To make an appointment, visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code hfccscac, or go directly to the HFC blood drive page. Also, you can make an appointment by calling 1-800-733-2767.
Streamline your donation experience and save up to 15 minutes by visiting RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions on the day of your appointment.
For questions or more information, call (800)-733-2767.