Notice: This article is more than one year old and is part of the Henry Ford College news archive. Information in the article may be outdated. For the most current news and information about Henry Ford College, please visit hfcc.edu/news, or contact email@example.com.
Monday, April 4, 2011
HFCC to present Spring Choral Concert April 17
The annual HFCC Spring Choral Concert, conducted by G. Kevin Dewey, will take place Sunday, April 17, 7 p.m., at First United Methodist Church. The Church is located at 22124 Garrison (at Mason) in Dearborn.
This annual concert helps usher in the spring season with performances by Concert Choir (mixed choir), Renaissance Voices (women's ensemble) and HFCC's vocal jazz ensembles Blue Fusion and Midnight Blue.
The program will feature the following:
- Randall Thompson's 'Frostiana' (set to poems by Robert Frost);
- an excerpt from 'Missa Lumen de Lumine' by contemporary South Korean composer Sungji Hong;
- 'Hallelujah' from 'Handel's Messiah: A Soulful Celebration';
- works by Johannes Brahms, Paul Caldwell/Sean Ivory, Brazeal Dennard and John Rutter; and
- jazz vocal arrangements by Mike Carubia, Kevin Dewey, Phil Mattson, Kirby Shaw, Take 6 and Michelle Weir.
Tickets for the concert are $10 ($7 for students and seniors) and will be available at the door. For more information, please call (313) 317-6566.