Electrical Technology — Automation Controls
Geared toward people working in industry that need the skills directly related to their job in industrial controls. Also Electrical Engineers, who may have a theoretical four year degree, may want to consider taking some of the classes in the certificate; especially ELEC 245- Programmable Controllers and ELEC 260-Automation Controls and Robotics. This certificate can be earned while pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree in Electrical Technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply laws to the design, construction, analysis, and measurement of electric, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
- Interpret and develop technical drawing, schematics and diagrams.
- Perform electrical/mechanical assembly/dis-assembly, repair, troubleshoot, and calibration of components and devices.
- Apply electrical/mechanical laws to the operation and control of machines.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solving problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and perform in a team environment.
- Students will be Able to develop PLC, HMI, Robot programs for the control of electro/mechanical systems.