Basic Machine Tool Technology / CNC Certificate
Provides students with the opportunity to obtain basic Computer Numerical Control (CNC) knowledge and skills. Students enrolled in the program will receive training on the latest equipment used in the modern business environment, and will develop basic skills in the use and application of CNC equipment. The attainment of the Basic CNC Certificate in Manufacturing Productivity Systems offers evidence to employers that the individual has reached the basic level of proficiency.
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level machining and measurement skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Practice safe work habits in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Create a basic or complex part on non-computerized industry standard machining and turning equipment.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled machining centers.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled turning centers.
- Utilize quality control concepts to identify root cause part discrepancies.
Required Core Courses
Requirements are Subject to Change
The courses required for this certificate are all accepted towards an associate degree to improve a student’s employability. The certificate can be used as a building block toward an Associate in Applied Science degree. Individuals who are already employed may find that the certificate increases the opportunity for promotion.