A guest student is one who currently attends another college or university and wishes to take one or more courses at HFC. The guest student must submit an authorized guest application from their current college/university.
Students enrolled at another college/university can take classes at HFC as Guest Students and then return to their current college/university, transferring their credits there from HFC. Guest Students may take any class as long as they meet the class prerequisites.
Just complete the steps below and you will be ready to start classes. You can complete these steps online or you can visit the Welcome Center (Building WC) on the main campus if you would like in-person help.
- Complete the Application for Admission]
- Students currently attending a Michigan college or university must submit a signed Michigan Uniform Guest Application.
- Students currently attending a college/university not located in Michigan should visit the Office of the Registrar at the educational institution they are currently attending for additional information on obtaining permission to enroll at HFC as a Guest Student.
- NOTE: Guest Students are NOT eligible to receive Financial Aid at HFC.
- Register for Classes.
- Pay For Classes - Guest Students are NOT eligible to receive Financial Aid at HFC.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Students may be admitted to HFC by Special Admission for Non-Degree-Seeking Students to take a course for enrichment or personal development but not to pursue a degree or certificate. Students eligible for Special Admission include those who are high school graduates, hold GED certificates, or have attended another college. Students admitted under this category must satisfy all prerequisites for courses they take and they are NOT eligible for financial aid.
Here are the steps to follow to enroll as a Non-Degree student at HFC: