Women’s Recognition Luncheon March 31 (buy tickets by 3/24)
The 48th annual Women’s Recognition Luncheon will begin Friday, March 31 at 11 a.m. with registration and a raffle. The luncheon begins at noon in the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Bldg. M) on the main campus for the first time since 2019.
This year’s theme is “Fanning the Flames of Aspirations and Dreams.” We hope to inspire and encourage those who have not yet identified their aspirations and dreams to pursue them at HFC.
Proceeds from the luncheon will benefit Student Outreach and Support and the HawkStrong Emergency Fund. Both support students in need of emergency funding to meet basic needs that allow them to focus on their studies and complete their current semester. These dollars are carefully distributed to help as many students as possible with books, bus passes, minor car repairs, clothing, etc.
Most jobs require post-secondary education and training. Your assistance is needed now more than ever because of the lasting effects of the pandemic. Please consider supporting our efforts this year with a sponsorship or a cash donation.
Your generosity has made it possible for us to increase our maximum award from $150 pre-pandemic to $500 today. Last year, we awarded more than $42,256 to 165 HFC students.
Optional: Sponsor/Donate to the HawkStrong Emergency Fund (in addition to luncheon tickets)
Several sponsorship levels are available for the luncheon:
- Platinum: $2,500 (this sponsorship package includes 10 tickets for the luncheon, which is a $2,300 tax-deductible gift. Donors will be listed in the printed program and website)
- Gold: $1,000 (this sponsorship package includes six tickets for the luncheon, which is an $880 tax-deductible gift)
- Silver: $500 (this sponsorship package contains four tickets for the luncheon, which is a $420 tax-deductible gift)
- Bronze: $300 (this sponsorship package contains two tickets for the luncheon, which is a $260 tax-deductible gift)
- Pearl: $100 (this sponsorship package is a $100 tax-deductible gift that does not include any tickets)
- Individual: $40 (this sponsorship package includes one ticket for the luncheon, which is a $20 tax-deductible gift)
- Any amount (every $50 donation helps one student remain in school and is 100 percent tax-deductible)
Please purchase tickets by Friday, March 24.
1. Pay by check: You may use the sponsorship form (PDF) if you wish. In the comments, add your sponsorship level, the number of tickets, or donation. Donations can be made by either check or money order with “WRL” written in the memo line. Make your checks payable to the HFC Foundation. Once you complete the sponsorship form, please mail it to:
The Henry Ford College Foundation
5101 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128-1495
Credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) are also accepted.
2. Pay online. Go to the HFC Donations website:
- Under "Donation Amount," select "other"
- Put 40.00 (or more) in the "Other Amount" box
- Select "Women's Recognition Luncheon" under "Apply Gift to"
- Select "Add to Cart" and follow the checkout process to enter your credit card number.
3. Call us. You may call and donate over the phone to the HFC Foundation Office at 313-317-6839.
The HFC Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is dedicated to assisting the students and programs of HFC.
The registration and raffle portion of the luncheon begins at 11:00 a.m. The grand prize is a chance to win $500. This raffle will be at 1:00 p.m.
- Basket tickets are $3/each
- Tin-Can Raffle tickets are 3 for $5
- 50/50 Raffle tickets are $1/each
- Grand Prize Raffle tickets are $5/each
Departments across HFC are encouraged to donate a basket as many have in the past. There will also be a prize for the department that donates the best basket, according to WRL Committee chair Dr. Brenda Hildreth.
If you wish to donate, please fill out the donation form by Friday, March 24. Completed forms should be mailed to Diana Larson of the HFC Foundation at email@example.com. You can also send raffle items to Larson in care of the HFC Foundation at the above-mentioned address. The raffle license number for this event is R67912.
For questions or more information, contact Larson at 313-317-6839 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Recognition Luncheon Committee
The following are members of the WRL Committee:
- Dr. Brenda Hildreth, chair
- Stacy Bazman
- Dr. Kathy Campbell
- Jennifer Dickey
- Mary Flick
- Elizabeth Hoffman
- Bonnie Jobe
- Diana Larson
- Wendie Lee-Jenkins
- Roxanne McDonald
The WRL Committee would like to thank everyone for their donations and support.
For questions or more information about the luncheon, contact Hildreth at 313-845-9757 or email@example.com.