Student Council elections are March 20-24, apply to be a candidate by Feb. 17
The HFC Student Council is seeking new members for the 2023-24 academic year.
The Purpose of HFC's Student Council is:
- To enhance the quality of student life through effective representation of the HFC student body;
- To provide an organized means of expression for HFC students; and
- To represent the students’ perspective on various College committees as they pertain to students’ interests.
The HFC Student Council is seeking new members for the 2023-24 academic year who want to lead and serve. Any enrolled HFC student who will remain enrolled through the upcoming academic year (Fall 2023 through Spring 2024) is welcome to run for office.
Apply by Feb. 17
The application deadline to run for office is Friday, Feb. 17, at 5:00 p.m.
Please complete the application here (login with your HFC credentials).
Student Council positions are outlined on the Student Council’s What We Do webpage.
You can run for any of the following seats:
- Vice Chair
- Representative-At-Large (multiple seats)
Requirements for Candidates
The requirements for candidates running for Student Council are as follows:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Cannot be a member of the HFC Board of Trustees, the College Alumni Association, the College Foundation or The Mirror News
If elected, Student Council members must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Complete a minimum of six credits each semester
- Maintain integrity and comply with the HFC Student Code of Conduct
- Serve on a College committee
Learn about the candidates at Feb. 22 Open Forum
The Student Council will host an Open Forum on Wednesday, Feb. 22, from noon to 1:00 p.m. via Zoom to discuss candidates’ qualifications or address any questions students may have.
Potential candidates, please join this event: You do not need to pre-register for this event. This is your opportunity to share your ideas and goals. It is open to all students.
Students may email questions for the candidates to the HFC Student Council to:
- Student Council President Kat Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council Faculty Advisor Victoria Shepherd at email@example.com
Please join the Feb. 22 Open Forum here
Elections will be held March 20-24
We encourage all students who are currently enrolled at HFC to vote in the upcoming elections. We will provide a link and information for online voting as we get closer to the date. Each student may vote only once for the entire slate of candidates.
Elections will take place from Monday, March 20, to Friday, March 24.
For questions or more information, contact Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shepherd at email@example.com.