Free household hazardous waste collection for Wayne County
A free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will take place Saturday, June 17, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the HFC main campus, 5101 Evergreen Road, in parking lots 7, 8, and 9. These lots are in the southwest corner of campus.
Only Wayne County residents may dispose of hazardous materials during this event.
Individuals dropping off materials are required to provide proof of Wayne County residency.
The following materials WILL be accepted:
- Household paints, stains, dyes
- Floor care items, floor wax, carpet cleaner
- Furniture polish, bathroom cleaners, stain removers, solvents
- Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only; no prescription drugs)
- Nail polish, glue
- Lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers
- Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- Automotive batteries, dry cell batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs (all types)
- Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats, elemental mercury, electronics recycling
- Computer CPUs, monitors, printers, scanners, keyboards, mice
- TVs, cell phones, fax machines, copiers
The following materials that WILL NOT be accepted:
- Commercial waste
- Industrial waste
- Radioactive material
- 55-gallon drums
- Household trash
- Microwaves or other household appliances
- Yard waste
- Roofing shingles
- Unknown or unlabeled waste materials
For more information, contact the Wayne County Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.