Grant money available to students to offset COVID-related expenses
T he Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act has provided emergency grants for students to help cover costs to attend HFC, or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus. Eligible expenses include tuition, food, housing, healthcare (including mental health) or childcare. These emergency grants do not have to be repaid.
Students seeking this grant funding must meet the eligibility requirements and submit this request form. Applications will be reviewed in the order we receive them. These funds are limited, and submitting the form does not guarantee that you will receive funds.
To be eligible to apply for and receive the CRRSA grant, HFC students must:
- Meet financial aid requirements:
- Have completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA
- Have submitted all required financial aid documents
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program of study at Henry Ford College
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards (GPA)
- Be otherwise eligible to receive Title IV financial aid
- Be enrolled in at least one Winter 2021 class required for their program of study.
- Have incurred expenses directly related to Winter enrollment at HFC in an online class or in an on-campus class that has an online component or requirement.
NOTE: Dual-enrollment students are not eligible for this funding.
The form is titled CRRSA Grant Request form, and requires an HFC login.
CRSSA grants will be made on an ongong basis, based on when applications are received, until the funds are gone. The deadline to submit your Winter grant request form is April 23, 2021, or whenever all the funds have been used. We recommend you complete your application as soon as possible.