Low cost internet available through Comcast Internet Essentials
Comcast Internet Essentials provides low-cost access to computer and internet technology for eligible students. It is designed to reduce or eliminate the barriers of cost and access.
Through this program, you have the option to purchase an Internet-ready, refurbished computer for $150. You may select a desktop or laptop computer. All computers come with the software and hardware to connect to the Internet right away.
You may also acquire high-speed internet access through this program for $10 per month.
Comcast Internet Essentials is a need-based program. To qualify, you must provide official documentation to Comcast of your need. Accepted documentation includes one or more items on this list:
- Medicaid: Card or most recent eligibility letter for any member of your household. Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Letter indicating you are approved for SNAP benefits.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF): Eligibility letter for TANF.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Eligibility letter for SSI.
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)/Head Start: Copy of a letter indicating current participation in the NSLP or Head Start with your child's name, the name of your child’s school, and the address of where you are requesting service.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Letter confirming your eligibility for LIHEAP.
- Women, Infants, & Children (WIC): Eligibility letter for the WIC program.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Pension: Veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the VA.
- Tribal Assistance Eligibility Letter: This includes TANF, the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), et al.
Aside from the documentation, the other requirements are:
• You must live in an area where Comcast is available.
• You have not subscribed to Comcast within last 90 days
• You have no outstanding debt with Comcast that is less than a year old.
A free account can be created at www.InternetEssentials.com/partner where you may also order complimentary explanatory materials, which are available in 16 languages, including English, Arabic, and Spanish.
To purchase a computer, you may either place your order online (https://cdicomputers.com/internetessentials/) or call (888) 234-4272.
Henry Ford College shares this notice for informational purposes only. Comcast Internet Essentials is a third-party, commercial product that is neither provided nor supported by the College. HFC does not endorse products or corporations. No express or implied warranties, guarantees, or support are included.